Community Forum

Rule for deleting old emails

Highlighted
New Poster

Rule for deleting old emails

I'd like to create a rule to delete emails in my inbox that are 18 months old or greater.  How do I do that?  My iPhone and iPad inboxes are huge.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Rule for deleting old emails

I  don't think a rule would work for this task.  Try running a search for the older messages using date-ranges, then delete the results.  If there are a lot of  them, it may take some effort to get rid of them all.  I just tried searching for an entire year, got 293 hits, and am able to "select all" and then drag and drop them to the Trash folder.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Yes I did the “2015” date search. It takes a while for sure. Lots of scrolling. That’s why I was hoping a rule would help. Thanks.
Highlighted
New Poster

How about a rule to delete all “unread”? I can enable it once. And then periodically.
Highlighted
Expert

@mpike wrote:
How about a rule to delete all “unread”? I can enable it once. And then periodically.

I don't think so.  If you go into the Filters in Settings, in Conditions and Actions there is nothing like what you are suggesting.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!