Community Forum

Reset Emails for Multiple Services Not Coming Through

New Poster

Reset Emails for Multiple Services Not Coming Through

Hello,

For months now, possibly up to six months or more since I don't have a clear recollection of when this started, I have been unable to receive any password reset emails for various misc. external accounts long tied to my comcast email.  Unfortunately I now need to reset my password on a service that is actually important rather than peripheral, and I can't.  I've logged into the xfinity email system and checked the filters, of which there are supposedly none, and disabled spam filtering - but still can't get anything.

Until now this has been merely an annoyance, but now it's a genuine problem.  Please help.

New Poster

Re: Reset Emails for Multiple Services Not Coming Through

I have the same problem...  I worked with the IT department of one of my service providers and they claimed that I was the one blocking them!!  I told them I had no filters in place - according to their IT department their reset e-mails are being blocked by Comcast.  The interesting thing is that I'm able to receive e-mails from their domain if they are sent by an individual.

I also turned off all the filtering that I could on the Comcast settings, but without any luck.

I'm seriously considering dumping comcast as my e-mail provider; things like this make it impossible to do personal business without a lot of frustration.

There are a couple of other threads on this topic, and the only remediation that Comcast offers is to "tell them what is being blocked and they'll 'fix it'".   How am I supposed to know what is being blocked for every single vendor/supplier I deal with!!

I'm not even sure what other e-mails I'm not receiving because of this issue... there's nothing in my spam folder!

Official Employee

@JimM_98012 @Corbeau I've sent both of you a PM for more information 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue! Where do the messages go???

Official Employee

@bcbc2 i've sent you a PM as well

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Not receiving password reset emails to my att.net email.

Official Employee

@packrat1961 could you elaborate on this? are you saying you are requesting a password reset for your comcast email and its not delivering to your att third party email? if so, please PM me both emails and a date/time of when you last tried. 

If you mean that your ATT email is set up for receiving pasword reset emails for lets say... amazon.com. Then Comcast does not control the communication of email between the two servers(amazon.com and your att.net email). 

New Poster

Despite the replies and PM's from "official comcast employees" the problem persists.

I go to a website, click their "forgot password" link, enter my comcast.net e-mail address, and no password reset e-mail ever arives.  Nothing appears in any of my other folders (spam, junk, unwanted, etc).

It's not ALL sites, but I'm certainly not going to try it on my logins to figure out what's affected.

I guess I now understand why comcast has a 62% customer satisfaction rating.