Community Forum

Recover my comcast.net email account

Highlighted
New Poster

Recover my comcast.net email account

I have lost my main comcast.net email account. I am unable to send nor receive emails on the account. How do I recover my email account?

I have tried to add the same coop42 account but the system will not accept it.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Recover my comcast.net email account

How are you accessing the email?  Using only the webmail interface and a browser?  Or a desktop client like Outlook?  Or the mail app on a mobile device?  Using only the webmail, exactly what happens when you try to sign in?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It does not matter what type of device. All my devices are asking for my password which I did not change. The original P/W does not work. I am using Comcast.

Highlighted
Expert

@coop3842 wrote:

It does not matter what type of device. All my devices are asking for my password which I did not change. The original P/W does not work. I am using Comcast.

Are you getting an error message saying the P/W is incorrect?  Something like this-------------------?

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 3.38.33 PM.jpg

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

That is one error message, correct.

Highlighted
Expert

Then something is wrong with the password.  Try doing a reset-------------

https://idm.xfinity.com/myaccount/reset

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you!

I reset my password and all is well. 

Don't know why this happened with the existing p/w.

Bob