Community Forum

Receiving Same Email Every Few Minutes

ac27
New Poster

Receiving Same Email Every Few Minutes

I've been receiving the same email from sofft.com regarding a two day sale for the last few days every 10 - 15 minutes.  I've unsubscribed from their emails but there's no change so I assume the issue may be with Xfinity email services.  This is only a problem with one email, not the other emails I've received.

How do I get the email from Sofft to stop?  Thanks.

Latoque
Expert

Re: Receiving Same Email Every Few Minutes

Assuming you are using only the webmail interface and a browser, you could try setting up a filter to block that sender.  I'm also assuming the messages are consistent---same email address and so on.  

See here------------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience

Scroll about halfway down the page for blocking instructions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
ac27
New Poster

Thanks for the info.  I did contact Comcast and opened a case.  For now, I set a filter to send the emails to the spam folder.

quilts128
New Poster

Unfortunately I followed these instructions and the emails have not stopped.  Every 15 minutes one comes through.

Latoque
Expert

@quilts128 wrote:

Unfortunately I followed these instructions and the emails have not stopped.  Every 15 minutes one comes through.

After you have set a filter, try signing out of the account and back in again to make the change "take".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
quilts128
New Poster

Unfortunately, the emails still keep coming, even after logging out and back in.