Community Forum

Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address."

Highlighted
New Poster

Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address."

Received the heading above from Comcast which goes on to say "We're sad to hear that you're changing your XFINITY services.  However, we're happy to let you know that you can continue using your existing email address, to stay connected with the important people in your life.  Just keep accessing your email like you always have...".  Then it goes on to ask me to click on either "Yes, I accept" or "Not now" to accept their Web Services Terms of Service and Web Services Policy.   I do not want to click on either  button as I am leery that it may be spam.  Also, I have not changed my XFINITY services.  Lastly, I can not get to my e-mail portal because this popup page from Comcast prevents me from doing so.  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&q


@cip59 wrote:

Received the heading above from Comcast which goes on to say "We're sad to hear that you're changing your XFINITY services.  However, we're happy to let you know that you can continue using your existing email address, to stay connected with the important people in your life.  Just keep accessing your email like you always have...".  Then it goes on to ask me to click on either "Yes, I accept" or "Not now" to accept their Web Services Terms of Service and Web Services Policy.   I do not want to click on either  button as I am leery that it may be spam.  Also, I have not changed my XFINITY services.  Lastly, I can not get to my e-mail portal because this popup page from Comcast prevents me from doing so.  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks!


How are you accessing your 'e-mail portal', mobile device, laptop, desktop?  And using an app or the web page access?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&q


@cip59 wrote:

Received the heading above from Comcast which goes on to say "We're sad to hear that you're changing your XFINITY services.  However, we're happy to let you know that you can continue using your existing email address, to stay connected with the important people in your life.  Just keep accessing your email like you always have...".  Then it goes on to ask me to click on either "Yes, I accept" or "Not now" to accept their Web Services Terms of Service and Web Services Policy.   I do not want to click on either  button as I am leery that it may be spam.  Also, I have not changed my XFINITY services.  Lastly, I can not get to my e-mail portal because this popup page from Comcast prevents me from doing so.  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks!


Also, to check if it's a legitimate email from Comcast--------------

 

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/



I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&q

looks like something on the backend caused you to get that email. You can safely ignore it. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&a


@ComcastCSAEmail wrote:

looks like something on the backend caused you to get that email. You can safely ignore it. 


@ComcastCSAEmail  How was it determined to be a legitimate Comcast email?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&a


@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastCSAEmail wrote:

looks like something on the backend caused you to get that email. You can safely ignore it. 


@ComcastCSAEmail  How was it determined to be a legitimate Comcast email?


@jav6joev their account looks to be associated to an old disconnected account along their active one and i double checked with logs that our server did send them the email. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&a

Thank you so much for your replies.  I clicked on "Yes, I accept" and am now good to go.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&a

That was a great question--thanks!  

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Received an email from Comcast stating "Good news! You can keep using your email address.&a

Thanks for the very helpful information!