Community Forum

Print Attachment?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Print Attachment?

This is a recent thing.

When using Xfinity email through thre website, I open an attachment as I always have, by choosing "view".... then it opens, I see it, but there is no printer icon to print it out, nor do I see any other option to print it.

Yes, I can "download" the attachment, and eventually print that, but previously, I was always able to print it after just "viewing" it.  I haven't found anything about this after doing some Google searches.

Any help?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Print Attachment?

When I use "View"  in the header to open the attachment, there is a "hamburger" icon above and to the right of the open document.  Click on that and it will offer the option to print.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@Latoque wrote:

When I use "View"  in the header to open the attachment, there is a "hamburger" icon above and to the right of the open document.  Click on that and it will offer the option to print.

Unless it's a photo.  😒

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

When viewing a photo in the view mode, right click on the photo and choose copy image location or image link (depending on browser). Open a new tab or window, then paste and enter the URL. The photo can then be printed using the browser's print function.

Highlighted
Expert

@rightfooted wrote:

When viewing a photo in the view mode, right click on the photo and choose copy image location or image link (depending on browser). Open a new tab or window, then paste and enter the URL. The photo can then be printed using the browser's print function.

Unless it's just a plain attachment and not an image from a webpage.  I sent myself a photo I had taken and opened it with the View option and there is no way to print it.  The only option is to download it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the responses.  Seems the attachment, if a photo, is the issue.  A PDF file had the printer icon.