cham60's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, November 21st, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

Phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account

A secondary user on my account notice that the phone number listed for them is NOT their phone number (and I don't know this number either).  I would like to change it to her number but keeping getting this error:  This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account.

I checked all the secondary users and this number is not used for any of them.  I need to update it to either her number or mine, but my number is already associated to my email so that isn't allowed either.  

I did remove the number that is not known to us so whoever that was can't access the account.

How can I fix this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@cham60 wrote:

A secondary user on my account notice that the phone number listed for them is NOT their phone number (and I don't know this number either).  I would like to change it to her number but keeping getting this error:  This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account.

I checked all the secondary users and this number is not used for any of them.  I need to update it to either her number or mine, but my number is already associated to my email so that isn't allowed either.  

I did remove the number that is not known to us so whoever that was can't access the account.

How can I fix this?

Call Comcast security and see if they can help with this----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue.  It looks like if we get a phone # that previously belonged to some other Xfinity user, we cannot use it, which is highly problemtatic

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here