Community Forum

Phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account

A secondary user on my account notice that the phone number listed for them is NOT their phone number (and I don't know this number either).  I would like to change it to her number but keeping getting this error:  This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account.

I checked all the secondary users and this number is not used for any of them.  I need to update it to either her number or mine, but my number is already associated to my email so that isn't allowed either.  

I did remove the number that is not known to us so whoever that was can't access the account.

How can I fix this?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account

I have the same issue.  It looks like if we get a phone # that previously belonged to some other Xfinity user, we cannot use it, which is highly problemtatic

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account

@cham60 wrote:

A secondary user on my account notice that the phone number listed for them is NOT their phone number (and I don't know this number either).  I would like to change it to her number but keeping getting this error:  This phone number is already associated with an Xfinity account.

I checked all the secondary users and this number is not used for any of them.  I need to update it to either her number or mine, but my number is already associated to my email so that isn't allowed either.  

I did remove the number that is not known to us so whoever that was can't access the account.

How can I fix this?

Call Comcast security and see if they can help with this----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!