My Email Client had been having trouble syncing with the Comcast email server. It'd been doing just fine, over the past 6+ months, up until 2 days ago. Anybody know what's changed? Thank you.
More info: The client keeps requesting me to enter my password, maybe 5-6 times before it defaults to error.
Okay, after fumbling through this issue. First, I reloaded the comcast.net email in Outlook. I tried creating a new Comcast account in Outlook, using the IMAP servers., but I found that it was a Comcast issue. I changed my password, again. THEN, after about an hour or two, I came back and tried syncing again to no avail [same error code, can't connect to incoming server (imap.comcast.net)]. Finally, I tried something I thought wouldn't ever work:
-Changed the incoming server to pop3.comcast.net , even though it's set up as IMAP.
Guess what, it syncs fine again... LOL Wow guys!