Community Forum

Not receiving incoming emails

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Not receiving incoming emails

Have not been receiving incoming emails for a few days.  Can someone tell me how to fix the problem. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Not receiving incoming emails

I am having the same issue.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@mtvaccaro @lindawert how are you accessing your emails.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

i am accessing my emails through mail app on ipad. This message appeared on screen about 4 days ago. "Mail server imap.comcast.net is not responding. Verify you have entered correct account info in Mail settings, which I have done. 

My iphone and Mac are receiving incoming emails. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
Expert

@lindawert wrote:

Have not been receiving incoming emails for a few days.  Can someone tell me how to fix the problem. 

Have you tried sending yourself a test email from some other account you have like Gmail or Yahoo?  Does it go through OK?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I do not have any other accounts. I sent myself an email from comcast and it was not received on ipad. I did get the email on phone and mac. The email I sent myself was sent from the ipad and showed up in my sent mailbox but not inbox mailbox.  

Highlighted
Expert

@lindawert wrote:

I do not have any other accounts. I sent myself an email from comcast and it was not received on ipad. I did get the email on phone and mac. The email I sent myself was sent from the ipad and showed up in my sent mailbox but not inbox mailbox.  

On the iPad, are you using only Safari and the webmail to access the account, or are you using the Mail app that comes in iOS?  If the latter, delete the account from it, then recreate it again from scratch.  Let  iOS auto-configure it for you.  Then see if the problem persists.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, it worked.  I now have my emails back. Thanks