Meatball01's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 11th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

Not receiving emails

I had to reset my password today. Since then I have not been receiving any emails. I can send but not receive emails. I was on the phone with Xfinity for several hours and they tried to send several test emails, but none of them came through. I was disconnected when they were trying to contact another department, so at this time I cannot receive emails. Do I need to set up a new email account at Xfinity and how is that done

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@Meatball01 please check your email filters within your email settings. If you were forced to change your password, then its highly likely that someone may have compromised your email and set up filters or forwarding rules.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

how are you accessing the email?  Using only the webmail and a browser?  Or a desktop email client like Thunderbird?  A mobile mail app?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your response. I have been on the phone to several people at Comcast and none of them told me to check the filters and I was unaware of what they did. You were correct. There was a filter to redirect any emails coming to my account to someone else. I am not sure how that happened, but I deleted the filter and was able to send a test email that came through correctly.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here