Community Forum

Not receiving emails

perfpj
Frequent Visitor

Not receiving emails

I am not receiving emails from select external (non-Comcast) accounts. Those accounts are not receiving bounce back messages. For example, nothing from southsoundit.com is coming through. How do I determine all of the other emails that haven't reached me?

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: Not receiving emails


@perfpj wrote:

I am not receiving emails from select external (non-Comcast) accounts. Those accounts are not receiving bounce back messages. For example, nothing from southsoundit.com is coming through. How do I determine all of the other emails that haven't reached me?


@perfpj I've checked the domain you are referencing - Comcast servers are not filtering or denying any emails from southsoundit.com. Issue is likely to be on the sending side. If you have other domains you would like for me to check, please feel free to PM me the details. 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
perfpj
Frequent Visitor

Re: Not receiving emails

Thanks so much for the quick check and reply. I'll try and get some details from them.

perfpj
Frequent Visitor

Re: Not receiving emails

Here's what they are getting:

Connecting to mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]:25 ... connected
SMTP<< 220 resimta-ch2-14v.sys.comcast.net resimta-ch2-14v.sys.comcast.net ESMTP server ready
SMTP>> EHLO dedicated4.southsoundit.com
SMTP<< 250-resimta-ch2-14v.sys.comcast.net hello [198.54.124.178], pleased to meet you
250-HELP
250-SIZE 36700160
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 OK
SMTP>> QUIT
SMTP(close)>>
LOG: MAIN
H=mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]: a TLS session is required, but the server did not offer TLS support
LOG: MAIN
== <Edited> R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (-38) H=mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]: a TLS session is required, but the server did not offer TLS support

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: Not receiving emails




@perfpj wrote:

Here's what they are getting:

Connecting to mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]:25 ... connected
SMTP<< 220 resimta-ch2-14v.sys.comcast.net resimta-ch2-14v.sys.comcast.net ESMTP server ready
SMTP>> EHLO dedicated4.southsoundit.com
SMTP<< 250-resimta-ch2-14v.sys.comcast.net hello [198.54.124.178], pleased to meet you
250-HELP
250-SIZE 36700160
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 OK
SMTP>> QUIT
SMTP(close)>>
LOG: MAIN
H=mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]: a TLS session is required, but the server did not offer TLS support
LOG: MAIN
== <Edited> R=dkim_lookuphost T=dkim_remote_smtp defer (-38) H=mx2.comcast.net [68.87.20.5]: a TLS session is required, but the server did not offer TLS support


 

@perfpj can you have them try from another host? all of our systems support STARTTLS

 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
mumu22
New Poster

Re: Not receiving emails

I am not using a comcast email but rather att.net.  I had to change my att password yesterday and now I cannot get into my email on my cmputer.

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: Not receiving emails

@mumu22 are you going to the att.net webiste, are you using outlook, how are you accessing your email? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
perfpj
Frequent Visitor

Re: Not receiving emails

@

 They can send fine to thousands of other domains/hosts. The only one they have an issue with is Comcast. Despite not being blocked, this sender's TLS connections are being refused? Does anyone at Comcast have some helpful information to try and resolve this?
ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: Not receiving emails


@perfpj wrote:

@

 They can send fine to thousands of other domains/hosts. The only one they have an issue with is Comcast. Despite not being blocked, this sender's TLS connections are being refused? Does anyone at Comcast have some helpful information to try and resolve this?

@perfpj the same can be said in reverse - Comcast is receiving millions of emails from hundreds of thousands of other email domains just fine on a regular basis over TLS connections. Was the sender able to try a different host to troubleshoot? 


I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
perfpj
Frequent Visitor

Re: Not receiving emails

I'm sorry. I had no idea posting an email address would get my post banned. I think it's rather a draconian way to handle the issue. I will repost everytthing now without any email addresses.

Again
Expert

Re: Not receiving emails


@perfpj wrote:

I'm sorry. I had no idea posting an email address would get my post banned. I think it's rather a draconian way to handle the issue. I will repost everytthing now without any email addresses.


This is a public board that anyone can read; you only have to signup and be a member in order to post.  We try to keep everyone's personal information off the boards.  You'd be surprised how many people post more than just an email address and thentrash Comcast for giving out their information, when it was, in fact, they themselves that had done it.  We try to catch all of the ones posted, but sometime that information is "out there" for hours before it can be removed.

 

I am not allowed to edit the information out and return it to the thread.  Sorry.


I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
agloeck
New Poster

Re: Not receiving emails

Two different comcast emails are not recieving my group email that I send out from an online newsletter account.  Can you please help?

 

perfpj
Frequent Visitor

Re: Not receiving emails

Try creating and testing a PTR record for the sender.

Other than that, keep yelling at Comcast to tell you why.