Community Forum

No Inbound Emails

AlanD
Problem Solver

No Inbound Emails

Since yesterday morning my inbound email service on my Comcast address has stopped.  I can send outbound emails with no problem.

I contacted support and was escalated to 4 different people in the Philippines who have been unable to help me, they said they'd work on the problem and give me a report in 3 to 5 days.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has ever experienced anything like this????

-Alan 

AlanD
Problem Solver

Re: No Inbound Emails

@AlanD wrote:

Since yesterday morning my inbound email service on my Comcast address has stopped.  I can send outbound emails with no problem.

I contacted support and was escalated to 4 different people in the Philippines who have been unable to help me, they said they'd work on the problem and give me a report in 3 to 5 days.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has ever experienced anything like this????

-Alan 

OK, I think I figured out my own problem.   I had been setting "Filter Rules" to discard emails from domains sending me spam, it had been working perfectly.   

Just to troubleshoot, I just  disabled all my filter rules, and new emails to me started coming in again.  One of my 'filter rules'  apparently discarded EVERYTHING that was being sent to me.   I don't know which one it was, but at least I'm getting emails again.  I knew setting filter rules to "Discard" emails was powerful and this proved it.  It's like holding a lion by the tail!