Community Forum

Missing icon on Email toolbar

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Missing icon on Email toolbar

The Move icon has disappeared from my email toolbar. The option is still available in More Actions menu, but there no icon to click on anymore. How do I get the icon back?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Missing icon on Email toolbar

It sounds like you are looking at a smaller screen device, or you have reduced the size of the window.  Do you see a small double-headed arrow in the upper right corner?  If so click on that, or just expand the window.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply. 

I am using a laptop, not a small screen device.

The window is expanded all the way. There is no double-headed arrow.

Highlighted
Expert

The only place I see it is in More Actions.  FF and Win10

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

I'm using  Vivaldi and Windows 10.  I have an 11.6" Dell two-in-one laptop.  This is what I see-------------------

Move Icon in Toolbar.PNG

ETA:  I just tried with Firefox and I see all the same icons.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes. That is what I used to see. I no longer see the move envelope with the arrow.

Highlighted
Expert

I have to stand corrected on Firefox---------I have the Move icon, but I'm missing the Spam and Hamburger icons----------------------

tool bar icons in Firefox.PNG

You didn't say what browser you are using.  Try it with Edge or Chrome and see if it looks any different for you.  I'm beginning to think this is a browser compatibility issue.

ETA again:  Well I think I figured out what's going on:  you have to have an email in the list selected in order for all of the icons to appear.  If you don't, the Spam and Move icon, as well as the "hamburger" wouldn't apply.  So they don't appear by default until you click on an email.  I should have known that but it just didn't occur to me.  Occam's razor wins again.🙄

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  Definite issues on Comcast side.  Have been using e-mail for years.  Nothing has changed in my habits.  Move button not visible until the more dropdown button is clicked.  Also when replying to an e-mail, I cannot scroll through my answer or see the original email to which I am replying.  It's all frozen except that I can continue to type (and send) response.   Also response can only be saved if you click on delete and then I am asked if I want to save it as a draft.  Definite problems with Comcast e-mail system for the past two or three days.

Highlighted
Contributor

As of this writing, Monday evening, I have the complete e-mail toolbar back and my response e-mails are no longer frozen.  In other words, everything is back to normal, for now, at least.  I hope whatever issue there was has been fixed.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is not the solution on my end.

However, like the the other person who posted, my problem has resolved itself. The Move envelope with arrow has magically reappeared.

Thank you for the time you gave to my question.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

And....the icon has disappeared again.

Highlighted
Contributor

For a while, mine also disappeared yesterday, but now it's back.  I can't believe others haven't had the same issue.  Perhaps they don't bother with it as it seems to come and go.  And I guess there are more pressing issues in the world.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

True. It could be much, much worse.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The Move icon is still missing from the Comcast email toobar.

It should show up when I click on an email bit it doesn't.

I can still move folders by going "Move" in the menu (3 lines) but that is an extra step.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Could be worse.

COULD BE BETTER, Please fix

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The file folders is no longer on the toolbar!  I have to go through like four steps to file one email I get like 54 emails a day most that I file in some form or fashion!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HELLO, XFINITY is there anybody out there?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Move icon disappeared

Well, that doesn't work either--just tried highlighting a particular message--icon still doesn't appear.

Highlighted
Expert

In lieu of the Move icon you can just do a drag and drop.  Highlight the email[s] you want to move, hold down the mouse button on the highlighted email and drag it to the folder you want to put it in and release the mouse button.  If you need to move multiple emails into the same folder highlight all of them and then put your mouse on one, hold down the mouse button, and drag the emails to the folder.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for reminding me of that option. However, I truly would like to get the Move icon back.

Highlighted
Contributor

My move icon is also gone again and has been for some days now.  What I find easier than drag and drop is to click on the 'more actions' icon (the last one in the row with the three parallel horizonatal lines).  A 'move' option is available in the drop down list.  It would be easier--one would think--just to have the move icon added back on, but apparently that is no longer going to happen, so using the 'more actions' icon is "just" one extra step, at least for me.  If I have to live with it, so be it.  I'm already getting used to using it 🙂

Highlighted
New Poster

same behavior. been using this platform for years. using chrome because few years back Comcast said they had issues with firefox and safari. on a mac. large screen.

I often move multiple items to same folder by selecting the checkbox and then move icon rather than dragging which I found occasionally cumbersome (I organize using a LOT of folders and subfolders under subfolders).

left it running when fell asleep last night.  was auto logged out this morning. when I logged back in ......I have Spam icon where Move icon use to be. restarted. no change. different browser/cache/cookies. no change. definitely looks Comcast server based.

Highlighted
Contributor

This morning the MOVE and PRINT icons are missing from my toolbar.  Were there las night.

Please fix this problem.  Selecting a message does not change things.

Highlighted
New Poster

Me too.  

I see this happened to many users today.

Comcast - please resolve.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem - there are no icons to the right of the trash can on the toolbar (i.e., no "Move" or "Print" icons...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So Comcast how many complaints needed to resolve an issue? All suggestions so far are just work arounds. Looks like you have taken a page from Ebays play book, software engineers making changes and eliminating features without concern of users. The difference here is we pay to use Comcast so we are customers shouldn't it work the way we want?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The same thing happened to me.  As with others, I'm using a laptop--the icons went from being on the toolbar to now being on a more actions tab.  Having to click an extra box is a complete waste of time.  And if such a box is going to be forced on us, we should at least be able to edit which ones are there vs. viewable on the toolbar.

Highlighted
Expert

@DanO55 wrote:

So Comcast how many complaints needed to resolve an issue? All suggestions so far are just work arounds. Looks like you have taken a page from Ebays play book, software engineers making changes and eliminating features without concern of users. The difference here is we pay to use Comcast so we are customers shouldn't it work the way we want?

Unless it's a line item on your billing statement you aren't paying for email; it's a freebie given by Comcast.  They could remove it at any time and your bill would not change.

Although I rarely use webmail, I do agree that whoever is behind the changes needs to be more mindful of customer preferences.  Sadly, though, time marches on and changes, no matter how uncomfortable, happen, including in email.  And this is the main reason why I use an email client - they don't make radical changes with updates and I have more latitude inhow I want my client to handle with the features I prefer.  Just saying and it's my observations.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Missing MOVE icon on Email toolbar

There is no double-headed arrow.  My email is in full view mode already.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Besides the MOVE icon being missing, the PRINT icon is also missing. 

Highlighted
Expert

@lynndermott wrote:

Besides the MOVE icon being missing, the PRINT icon is also missing. 

Yes, they are "missing" as individual icons, but they're still there under the three bars:

Again_0-1593214324283.png

No idea when or if those icons will return, but it would be nice if they did return soon.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am new here. Can you tell me how to post publicly?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Expert

@NubianGoddess wrote:

I am new here. Can you tell me how to post publicly?

Thanks!

You just did. 

However, the sending of a Private Message to anyone in the Forums, especially Official Employees, unless specifically requested, is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our Private Message Policy here.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

In email taskbar, how can WE reinstall MOVE icon and DELETE SPAM and  COLOR icons that are not needed???

Highlighted
Expert

@lynndermott wrote:

In email taskbar, how can WE reinstall MOVE icon and DELETE SPAM and  COLOR icons that are not needed???

You can't, sorry.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The MOVE and PRINT icons were there a week ago!!!

What's happened to comcast xfinity email?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

They change things all the time, for apparently no reason.  Couple years ago their search function was really good, then they did an update and from then on, it stinks.  It doesn't really work.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I also am having this problem. The tech would not transfer me to the technical dept. because I did not have the account number, despite verifying the account (it is a business account where several attorneys in the same office use the account with several different email addresses) several other ways. My icon has not reappeared. I also can move the email using the the more action (3 lines) option. I am using Google Chrome on a desktop computer with a full screen view.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just noticed the move and print icons moved to the drop-down menu as well.  I use move all the time.  There is nothing in the settings/preferences to allow changes to this toolbar.

Highlighted
Contributor

This morning, the MOVE and PRINT icons were back on my toolbar and worked.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

@marksilverberg wrote:

This morning, the MOVE and PRINT icons were back on my toolbar and worked.

Thanks.

Finally!!!  Now, does anyone have any Gorilla glue to keep them there?  😉

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, not back on mine.

Highlighted
Expert

@robertwpsu wrote:

Unfortunately, not back on mine.

Try clearing your cache and then refreshing your browser.  Or, clear your cache, exit your browser and then restart and login to webmail again.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It's BAAAACK

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It worked--thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I use Microsoft Edge. This process did not work for me.

The Move icon (and Print icon) did not return to the toolbar.

Highlighted
Expert

@row51 wrote:

I use Microsoft Edge. This process did not work for me.

The Move icon (and Print icon) did not return to the toolbar.

I don't use Edge, but for the first time I started it up and went to webmail and I see the Move and Print Icons.

Again_0-1593551402516.pngAgain_1-1593551575266.png

Highlighted
New Poster

More important for me, the Print icon has dispapeared from my Xfinity E-mail tool bar.

When I try to print using Ctrl/P  using the Google browser, I get an error message and nothing prints. I do not get this error with Firefox, and can print E-mails from this, but there is some superimposed verbiage about Ad Info and Ad Feedback over the loer right corner of the page. 

How do i get the Print icon back onto my Xfinity E-mail tool bar?

e-

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

How do I clear the cache?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would try clearing your browser's cache.  On Chrome, go to the menu (3 dots in upper right corner)/more tools/clear browsing data.  Then re-start the browser, or just re-starrt your computer.