Community Forum

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BCC RECIPIENTS!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BCC RECIPIENTS!!!

Once and for all, I'd like to know the maximum allowed number of recipients one can place on the BCC: field in an e-mail on your system.  I have tried to send an e-mail with as many as 40 recipients, and it does not go through!!!  WHAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BCC RECIPIENTS!!!

The sending limits are found here--------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/limitations-on-sending-email/

When you try to send, are you getting any error message?  If so what does it say?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Nothing.  It simply does not send!!  Perhaps it was because, in the to: line, I addressed myself (ie., I entered my own e-mail).  Then, on the bcc: line, I added a number of recipients.  Does the system not allow a user to place their own e-mail in the to: line.  I resent the message, using a different person on the to: line, and it went just fine!!

Highlighted
Expert

Using your own email address in the To: field would have no affect on sending with others in Cc or Bcc.  Unless something is wrong with it.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks so much for your input!  I'm all set now!

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi.  I noticed that you'd said that all was well now.  I wonder, though, did you find out the answer to your question?  I am so frustrated.  I read that I was allowed to send 100 messages but when I do this using Bcc, even 75 won't go.  The message is not too long, about 43 KB.  How do I get my less than 100 message to go using BCC?  If I were using To:, would they go just fine?  I much prefer not to.  Why is Xfinity making this so difficult?  More importantly, why don't they just make it clear so one doesn't spend hours creating address lists only to not have it work?!

Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

@CB707 wrote:

Hi.  I noticed that you'd said that all was well now.  I wonder, though, did you find out the answer to your question?  I am so frustrated.  I read that I was allowed to send 100 messages but when I do this using Bcc, even 75 won't go.  The message is not too long, about 43 KB.  How do I get my less than 100 message to go using BCC?  If I were using To:, would they go just fine?  I much prefer not to.  Why is Xfinity making this so difficult?  More importantly, why don't they just make it clear so one doesn't spend hours creating address lists only to not have it work?!

Thank you.

How did you create your list?  Using the Group feature in the Comcast addess book?  Or something else?  Do you get any error message when you try to send to the group?

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi.  I created a group in comcast email.  You go into your address book and highlight a name or names and move it into the group that you have created to the left of your screen.  When you compose, you type the name of the group in the bcc window.  When I tried to send, I did get a message saying that several of the addresses were temporarily not available, or some such thing.  I removed those persons from the mailing list and tried again.  Still won't go.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

@CB707 wrote:

Hi.  I created a group in comcast email.  You go into your address book and highlight a name or names and move it into the group that you have created to the left of your screen.  When you compose, you type the name of the group in the bcc window.  When I tried to send, I did get a message saying that several of the addresses were temporarily not available, or some such thing.  I removed those persons from the mailing list and tried again.  Still won't go.

Thank you.

Try sending a test message to only 5 or 6 contacts.  Does it work OK?  If so, consider that if there is anything wrong with only one of the addresses in the larger group, it can prevent the entire message from being sent.  So if the test message works, you need to look at each address in the larger list for any kind of typo or other error.

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi.  I think what you're saying is part of the issue but a part that one easily solves.  Let me explain:  When I try to send the message to 75 recipients, the problem addresses immediately pop up.  I remove those addresses from the email and it still won't go.  Yesterday, I tried breaking my large group into smaller groups of about 20 to 25 names.  These behaved exactly the same.  The problem addresses were identified and I removed them.  Then the message went.  I haven't tried to send the larger group of 75 using To: as I don't want to do that to people.   There is a discrepancy between what the company says (100 maximum) and how it performs (maybe 25 or so).  It is possible that it behaves differently for BC and To: ?   Thank you for exploring this question with me.

Highlighted
New Poster

Has anyone gotten anywher with this ?

I just started having this issue  on 6/1/20   my 2 normal email list  suddenly stopped working   THe emails show as sent   but no one gets them.   I am using groups in MS Outlook  and each group has about 55 users.  THere is NO error message or anything that woudl tell me that they did not go out.