Community Forum

Is autosave in email still available?

Highlighted
New Poster

Is autosave in email still available?

I had autosave but now nothing is being saved. Was this feature removed?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Is autosave in email still available?

If you mean the auto-save feature when composing a new email, then yes, it's still there and operates automatically as a fail-safe in the event of sudden loss of power or signing out of the account, or closing a tab, etc.  If you mean something else please clarify what it is.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I did mean autosave when creating a new email.  Sorry, I should have been clearer.  The autosave is not happening when I am creating new email.  Sometimes, it takes me a while to completean email (too wordy) but nothing every shows up in my draft folder.  Is it going someplace else now?  Is there a setting that I accidently turned it off.  I have found it important for me.

Highlighted
Expert

Click discard and you'll get a prompt with the option to save as draft.

save as draft.PNG

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Expert

@recess425 wrote:

I did mean autosave when creating a new email.  Sorry, I should have been clearer.  The autosave is not happening when I am creating new email.  Sometimes, it takes me a while to completean email (too wordy) but nothing every shows up in my draft folder.  Is it going someplace else now?  Is there a setting that I accidently turned it off.  I have found it important for me.

It works a little differently now than it used to.  The saved email does not go to the Drafts folder unless you deliberately put it there.  The auto-save runs automatically and the message is saved in a clipboard to be used in the event something unexpected happens as I noted upthread.  To see how it works, try an experiment:

Start composing a new test message  and type  in a few words then stop and keep your eye on the lower right corner of the screen.  After about 8 or 9 seconds or so you will see the word "Saving" flash for a split second, then it will go to "Saved" and stay that way.

Now, close the tab as though you were doing it by accident.  That will also sign you out of your email.   Sign back in again, and  underneath the folder pane you should see a tab that says  "Mail: subject or "no subject" if you didn't have one yet.  Click on that and the message you were working on should open back up.

ETA:  This works even if you have multiple Compose windows open when there is a power outage or whatever.  A separate tab will be shown for each window you had open.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks.  It works!