Community Forum

Invasive Pop-ups on every web page I visit from Comcast

reg_guy
New Poster

Invasive Pop-ups on every web page I visit from Comcast

I cannot believe Comcast is interrupting every web page and website I visit with invasive pop-ups telling me:

"They have increased internet speeds in my area. Update your device to take advantage."

You have my email address that you are authorized to send me correspondence through. I did not authorize you to interrupt my web browsing with pop-ups. I day trade stocks and should not have my trading interrupted by a pop-up! I do not know if it is a phishing scam or who popped this message up. This is very rude, confusing, and not what anyone signed up for!

reg_guy
New Poster

Re: Invasive Pop-ups on every web page I visit from Comcast

There is not one setting in my communication preferences page that says I authorized comcast to show pop-ups ads or messages. STOP!

I authorized email communication with me, not pop-up ads in the middle of using websites!

https://customer.xfinity.com/users/me/notifications

Again
Expert

@reg_guy wrote:

There is not one setting in my communication preferences page that says I authorized comcast to show pop-ups ads or messages. STOP!

I authorized email communication with me, not pop-up ads in the middle of using websites!

https://customer.xfinity.com/users/me/notifications

Make sure you have popups turned off in your browser.  Alternatively you can download a utility add-on like AdBlock or something else.  Check your browser for this.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
wrightja234
Regular Visitor

Re: Invasive Pop-ups on every web page I visit from Comcast...it is why i choose xfinity and pay fo

i do not want pop up ads on this site which is why i pay extra for Xfinity and do not want to use cgoogle that came with laptopl

wrightja234
Regular Visitor

i can use google that came with laptop so why should i pay extra to get ads on Xfinity?

Again
Expert

@wrightja234 wrote:

i can use google that came with laptop so why should i pay extra to get ads on Xfinity?

You're not paying extra to get ads on Xfinity.  Many websites use pop-up ads.  You need to block pop-ups in Google Chrome in order to stop it.

• In Google Chrome, click on the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner.
  • In the drop down box scroll down and click on Settings.
  • Then, on the left-hand side click on Privacy and security.
  • In the right pane, click on Site Settings.
  • Scroll down until you get to Pop-ups and redirects and click on that.
  • If you see the word Allowed click on the "button" on the right side; it should then say Blocked (recommended)
  • Use the arrow in the upper left to return to your home screen.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!