Community Forum

Incoming emails suddenly stopped 12/30/2019 - POP timeout

Highlighted
New Poster

Incoming emails suddenly stopped 12/30/2019 - POP timeout

Has anyone else experienced timeouts with receiving emails recently - error message reads ' Receiving reported error (0x8004210A):  The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server.  I'm using Outlook.  Settings are fine.  Suddenly stopped.   Comcast support no help.  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Incoming emails suddenly stopped 12/30/2019 - POP timeout

@rasmithjr2432 wrote:

Has anyone else experienced timeouts with receiving emails recently - error message reads ' Receiving reported error (0x8004210A):  The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server.  I'm using Outlook.  Settings are fine.  Suddenly stopped.   Comcast support no help.  

See if this helps any.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

No luck.  Thx.

Highlighted
New Poster

My husband and I are both having the exact same issue.  I can't find anything online to resolve the problem.  Hoping someone posts something here.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue!

Sometime in December of 2019 I stopped receiving emails.  I thought it may be that I was using Outlook 2007, so I upgraded to 2019.  I am still unable to receive emails and the "help" desk folks were absolutely worthless.  I spent over 2 hours on the phone, twice, and all I got was that it was on my end.

It stopped working.  It worked before.  I changed nothing.  I spent money to upgrade, as recommended, it still did not work.  Comcast - it is on your end.  Please fix it.

This is getting to be a problem and I am thinking of reporting it to the BBB and broadcasting it on the internet.  I may even get the local television station involved, if that's what it takes.