Community Forum

Incoming email delayed signficantly

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Incoming email delayed signficantly

I am having a large problem with some incoming emails getting delayed significantly. They DO NOT come from the same domain all the time. This seems to be random. I had the header of a delayed email header analyzed and see that the delay is happening with a comcast relay. This is the one:

62 mins bosmailout09.eigbox.net   resimta-po-30v.sys.comcast.net   12/11/2019, 1:19:30 PM EST

This is becoming a major problem. Some of these emails are delays 6-8 hours or more.

Please advise ASAP.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Incoming email delayed signficantly

If @CCAntiSpam or another employee doesn't reply to your message here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

I've reached out to that hosting company numerous times.  I have not received a useful response (I don't count autoreponders).  I can try again.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What hosting company? Isn't this relay Comcast?

Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

The eigbox.net admins.  I recieved an email from one of their SysAdmins, and they're going to try to adjust some things in their next change window.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!