Community Forum

In emails on Xfinity, I can no longer open links in emails with a left click.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

In emails on Xfinity, I can no longer open links in emails with a left click.

Links in emails don't open with a left click any more, though a right click offers options that still work ("Open in new tab," "Open in new window") etc. I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. Is this a Windows 10 issue, or something else? Any solutions?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: In emails on Xfinity, I can no longer open links in emails with a left click.

@English53 wrote:

Links in emails don't open with a left click any more, though a right click offers options that still work ("Open in new tab," "Open in new window") etc. I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. Is this a Windows 10 issue, or something else? Any solutions?

Are you using Google Chrome browser?  If so, it's a known issue and Google has yet to fix it.  YOu'll need to disable your popup blocker for email, use the right click option, or a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: In emails on Xfinity, I can no longer open links in emails with a left click.

Thanks for enlightening me. I was indeed using Chrome. Is this a problem only with Windows 10? I hadn't encountered it till yesterday, though I suppose it's possible that on my old computer I'd disabled the pop-up blocker.