Community Forum

Import Excel file to Xfinity Address Book

Highlighted
New Poster

Import Excel file to Xfinity Address Book

I have an list of names, addresses, phone numbers and email address in an excel file that I would like to export to my xfinity address book.  I'm using Excel 2007 and Windows 10.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Import Excel file to Xfinity Address Book

You would first need to export the files as .csv files.  I don't have Excel, but this should show you how-----------------

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-or-export-text-txt-or-csv-files-5250ac4c-663c-47ce-9...

Once done, you should be able to import the file from your computer into the Comcast address book.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, jbp37931. Please let us know if for some reason you have any difficulty with what Latoque suggested. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I would like to import an address book using a CSV, too. What are the columns, the column names, and the order of columns that are required to succeed, please?

Highlighted
Expert

@RosanneF wrote:

I would like to import an address book using a CSV, too. What are the columns, the column names, and the order of columns that are required to succeed, please?

As I stated upthread, you just need to  export the other address book to your computer.  Once that is done you can import it into the Comcast address book.  The other address book/email provider should have instructions on how to do that.  Who provides you with your address book now?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.