fedup978's profile

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

Sunday, March 15th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

IS the Comcast mail System down????

I have tried to send several messages to friends that are only on the comcast email system and every email is comming back as not able to delivery after multiple attempts.??????

I am just glad that I don't use comcast email as my primary mail system.  I see nothing that is telling me that it is down or a problem,   BTW it must not be just one area as my friends are across the U.S.  Post something comcast about the status..

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@fedup978 wrote:

I was sending an email from my work email system to a number of people across the country that have comcast email accounts.  Each of those came back with the same Message "unable to send after multiple attempts" which is usually an indication that there is an issue at the receiving end.  I have not seen the issue in the last day so whatever it was, appears to have either been resolved or it disappeared to return another day. 

@fedup978 not sure what third party email client you are using, but if there was a receiving issue on the Comcast end, you would receive a bounceback message with an error code indicating the issue. Please refer to: http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php

please feel free to PM me the domain you were sending these emails from so i can look into this for you. 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

I just tried sending an email from my Yahoo account to my Comcast account and it works just fine.  Try sending yourself a test message from some other account you have and see if it works.  Also send one from Comcast to the same address.

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

4 years ago

I was sending an email from my work email system to a number of people across the country that have comcast email accounts.  Each of those came back with the same Message "unable to send after multiple attempts" which is usually an indication that there is an issue at the receiving end.  I have not seen the issue in the last day so whatever it was, appears to have either been resolved or it disappeared to return another day. 

Contributor

• 

284 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for that Info.  I will see if my IT can retrieve the deleted error messagses and compare against the article that you mentioned.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here