Community Forum

I have emails from previously deemed reliable sources going into my spam folder for the last 6 days

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have emails from previously deemed reliable sources going into my spam folder for the last 6 days

In fact, emails that I received today from one sender was marked as spam on 5/7 and have previously received hundreds of emails  from the sender over the years.  This has happened 41 times in the last 6 days (not just from that particular sender but many others).  I have only once had an email in the spam folder in all my years as a Comcast subscriber and I can't figure out why.  I don't think I have any filters set to ON.  I can provide the email addresses and the subject lines of the message of the senders, if you wish!

Thanks for your help in solving this sudden problem.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: I have emails from previously deemed reliable sources going into my spam folder for the last 6 d

I am having the same problem. My husband's email address, which he has used for over 25 years, is being sent to the spam folder. I have repeatedly clicked it is NOT SPAM, but it continues to be routed there. Even an email I received from Comcast, which I forwarded to my husband, went to the spam folder and it was from ME using the comcast.net address.

Why the change?

Emails that are going into the spam folder are very selected, but mostly from trusted contacts that I received from in the past. Funny, the real spam emails are not going in the spam folder.

Help!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: I have emails from previously deemed reliable sources going into my spam folder for the last 6 d

Absolutely true.  There seems to be a pattern to the email's sender addresses or subject line thats triggering the action.  What's going on???

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Pls see my latest request:

Can someone tell me why  I now have 47 msgs in the spam folder (yesterday it was 41) that have  different senders and different subject lines when I have only had 1 msg sent to spam in the past many years?  My previous inquiry follows: 

In fact, emails that I received today from one sender was marked as spam on 5/7 and have previously received hundreds of emails  from the sender over the years.  This has happened 41 times in the last 6 days (not just from that particular sender but many others).  I have only once had an email in the spam folder in all my years as a Comcast subscriber and I can't figure out why.  I don't think I have any filters set to ON.  I can provide the email addresses and the subject lines of the message of the senders, if you wish!

Thanks for your help in solving this sudden problem.

I am attempting to contact Comcast but that needs a miracle in itself!
Highlighted
New Poster

What's even more maddening -- when you try to set up a rule to move email from the spam folder into the inbox from known senders/domains. These rules don't work! Legit emails that used to come to me with no problem are now stuck in spam unless I log into comcast.net and physically move the incorrectly filtered email into my inbox. GIVE US A WHITELIST OPTION COMCAST!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Same thing is happening to me. All of a sudden emails from my church (I get a lot because I manage the church website) are going into spam instead of my inbox. Creating a filter did no good. I called the Security Assurance number and got some guy who barely spoke English, didn't even know what a whitelist was, and was obviously reading from a script. He says he created a ticket and someone from their "Level 2 office" will call me back. I'm not holding my breath.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi furperson,

My problem is also to do with Church, religious or conservative causes in general.  Please let me know if you ever get an answer to what seems like sensoring by Comcast's board of inquisitors  on the right of freedom of speech!  I, too, have spent many hours on the phone with non-English speaking reps, who though very helpful, seem to be reading from a pre-arranged script and appear to not fully understand the import of what I was explaining.

Keep the faith!

irishnana4