Community Forum

How can I delete mass quantities of email? Currently takes too long to delete emails.

Highlighted
New Poster

How can I delete mass quantities of email? Currently takes too long to delete emails.

I've been with Comcast 17 years and by now my email address has been sold so many times, that my inbox is filling up faster than I can delete unwanted email. Problem with Comcast, is it won't let me delete more than ONE PAGE at a time! For example, how can I delete all emails from one sender even if it's 1,000 emails?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How can I delete mass quantities of email? Currently takes too long to delete emails.

Comcast doesn't sell email addresses.  As for your deletion question, you can delete an entire folder full of emails by right-clicking on it and then clicking on "Delete all messsages".  If you want to delete by any other criterium, you would still need to do a search for your sender or whatever, and delete them 50 at a time which is the page default for Comcast email.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: How can I delete mass quantities of email? Currently takes too long to delete emails.

Are there any other email programs out there that are easier to manage (can delete more than 50 at a time), which I can forward all Comcast emails to automatically?

Highlighted
Expert

@Faramir1 wrote:

Are there any other email programs out there that are easier to manage (can delete more than 50 at a time), which I can forward all Comcast emails to automatically?

Using a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird or Mac Mail would let you delete more at the same time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@Faramir1 wrote: ... how can I delete all emails from one sender even if it's 1,000 emails?
  • Sort all the sender's emails together
  • Select the first email you want to delete
  • Scroll to the last email you want to delete
  • Hold the Shift key and select the last email
  • Click the Delete icon

(Tested in webmail with Firefox)