Community Forum

How Can I Delete the words in a Tab and Have them Not return when I sign in again?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

How Can I Delete the words in a Tab and Have them Not return when I sign in again?

I click the X in the tab box and the box clears. When I sign in again the box contains the same thing as before, I can't get the box to remain clear. I am running Windows 10 and Firefox. Can anyone tell me how to clear the box and have it not repeat putting the webpage back in the box. Thanks so much.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How Can I Delete the words in a Tab and Have them Not return when I sign in again?

@clajas wrote:

I click the X in the tab box and the box clears. When I sign in again the box contains the same thing as before, I can't get the box to remain clear. I am running Windows 10 and Firefox. Can anyone tell me how to clear the box and have it not repeat putting the webpage back in the box. Thanks so much.

Clear your cache in Firefox.

Also, under Tools/Options/General make sure there is no checkmark in Restore previous session under Startup.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: How Can I Delete the words in a Tab and Have them Not return when I sign in again?

You might need to change your home page settings. See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-set-the-home-page .

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!