ERG3's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Google Email is getting blocked by Comcast

My wife is not getting Google Group email nor Google invites. The sender receives a message saying that the "message has been blocked."

I see many people having this issue and it getting resolved, but i don't see the steps to solving the problem. What's the fix for this?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

This message has been removed due to including including sensitive information.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@ERG3 can you PM me the emails and details of the issue? Is the message coming from the Comcast server or the Google service that is being used? I need further details in regards to this. To confirm, the invites are coming out as emails?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

i don't see that option and have checked my account preferences and don't see it there. Either way, you now know the problem. Please fix.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@ERG3 Your message has been removed due to likely including personal information that should not be posted publicly, like i advised please PM me the details. Please PM me the From address of where the invites are coming and the To address of where they are going to.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCSAEmail this was in the email: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/69585 . That link provides only 3 causes: 1)bounce due to in-active email–not the case here since she uses that email everyday; 2)mail flagged as spam; 3)recipient server did not accept our request. Seems to me that options 2 & 3 are Comcast-related issues.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@ERG3 if you click on my profile, you should see a blue button that says "send message" if you dont see it, you may need to go into your account settings and adjust the privacy/personal message settings. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

The invite was to Google Sheets and was coming from ChambersPerformingArts.com. The only other possible domain would be ResoluteArtistsAgency.com

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

@ComcastCSAEmail that's fine, but i didn't see the way to PM you. Don't use this platform regularly, so including some instruction on how to PM would be helpful. This interface is poor. What I reaally wanted to do was send you a screenshot of just the error message, but the system won't allow for it. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@ERG3 unfortunately what you provided did not include where the email/invite is coming From. It only shows a google provided error message for non-deliverability and not a Comcast provided one. A Comcast error message will include an error code designation that you can read up on via http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

@ERG3 wrote:

The invite was to Google Sheets and was coming from ChambersPerformingArts.com. The only other possible domain would be ResoluteArtistsAgency.com

Out of both domains there was only a single email sent to the Comcast.net servers and it was from ResoluteArtistsAgency.com. It was also delivered directly to the inbox without any issues. The link provided is by Google for Google users. It is not a Comcast bounce. If the email is an invitation from a different service/software than it would likely not come from the sender domain - i would need to know the email address of the service where the invite is actually coming from. In this instance if its a google invite, the email would come from google. I need the google email that its coming from. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

I was able to find emails from them on 8 different occasions in the last 30 days and all 8 were delivered successfully into the inbox. Our servers are not filtering or blocking emails being sent by that specific gmail account. Due to the bounceback being from google servers, and there being no log of a block happening on the Comcast side - it was blocked at the google server side. Can you have the individual just use the share link(manual copy of link) and send an email directly with the link instead of using the built-in invite function? see if anything changes.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have also had emails blocked that seem to come from a google group email.  Have you found a problem/solution?  Thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here