Community Forum

Emoticons drop down menu

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Emoticons drop down menu

Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I wanted to ask that those of you still experiencing the problem on a Windows computer, please attempt an additional troubleshooting step. Once you've composed a text email message and pull up the emoticon menu, press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the minus ( - ) or plus ( + ) button a couple times (one, then the other to check for differences in display) on your keyboard to see what type of adjustment happens on the emoticon menu view. Please let us know. Thank you again!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Did not work for me.  No change to emoticons drop down menu available in Comcast email. 

Highlighted
Expert

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Good afternoon, everyone. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I wanted to ask that those of you still experiencing the problem on a Windows computer, please attempt an additional troubleshooting step. Once you've composed a text email message and pull up the emoticon menu, press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard and then press the minus ( - ) or plus ( + ) button a couple times (one, then the other to check for differences in display) on your keyboard to see what type of adjustment happens on the emoticon menu view. Please let us know. Thank you again!

It doesn't work for me; I end up with the Windows Magnifier when holding down the Windows key and hitting the + key.  FF 71.0 (64 bit).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It did not work for me either.  When I held down the Windows icon and hit plus (+) or minus(-) it also brings up the magnifier.  I am using Google Chrome, version 79.0.3945.88, 64-bit, Windows 10 Home.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same here.  Doesn't work.

Highlighted
New Poster

Doesn't work for me either. This is getting a little ridiculous. 😞

Highlighted
Contributor

Yet another day gone by and still nothing that helps? I too just get the manifier.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I just got off the phone with Comcast. I directed her to this forum. After she researched, she told me that Comcast disabled the emoticons.  No longer an option.

Highlighted
Contributor

That's weird, they didn't tell me that but that don't surprise me. I check the box that says "Stay signed in" but mine times me out all the time, sometimes faster than I can write or read an email. I've called so many times but never get anyone that can fix or even answer the question why? They tried to put the blame here so they sent out their repair man, I told them if he found a problem here I would Pay but if not I wasn't. Long story short, he said eveything hee is A-OK the problem is on their email server. They collect Billions of dollars from us every month but don't want to spend the money to update their equiptment. I'm investigating AT&T & even Satellite myself, I'm sick of calling and getting no results. This with the Emoji problem only started after I received my last modem getting close to a year ago yet the repair man said the modem/router is fine.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This Comcast employee needs to look at when this issue was brought to them in the forum.  Twice we had a Comcast Employee reposnd and offer a workaround which did not work either time.  Now we get a comment that indicates they disabled emoticons!  Does not the right hand know what they left hand is doing?  This is ridiculous.  This problem started way back in Nov 2019.

On 121719 we got this message.  Obviously this person had no clue that these keys brough up the Windows 10 magnifier.

Official Employee

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue and it is very annoying.   I am constantly logged out even after indicating "stay signed in".

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

My font color defaults to gray. But in Settings it shows it’s black.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hea KBY 9:  I just checked this morning on my computer running Windows 7 Professional, no difference on Firefox but then I checked with Chrome and they are there now in Black & White.

They looks so stupid not colored I won't even use them.(Besides Firefox is my 1st choice)

Merry Christmas To YouSmiley Wink

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I use chrome. Not there
Highlighted
Contributor

Barb K1 :Hmmm, that's strange too. I haven't checked my Dell running Windows 10 Professional yet but they are there in Windows 7 Professional running Chrome. Might as well not be without their color they are just ugly symbols. But still why would they be on mine and not yours? (They weren't on my Yesterday)

Highlighted
New Poster

They "disabled the emoticons"? What kind of solution is that?! How is it possible that every time they do something to the email server, something else gets messed up. Comast/Xfinity email wasn't great to begin with but ever since October/November or whenever they "updated" the server, not only did the emoticons stop working but the email windows look weird and other stuff changed that made composing emails harder and more annoying. Can't even begin to explain all the annoyances of Comcast/Xfinity email, but this is incredible that a Comcast employee said they disabled the emoticons. Wonder if my next huge bill from them will mention that!

Highlighted
New Poster

I have Windows 10, and use Xfinity email and Firefox as my browser and for over a month I have not been able to see all the emoticons.  I only see one partial one and that's it.

Highlighted
Expert

@19631943 wrote:

I have Windows 10, and use Xfinity email and Firefox as my browser and for over a month I have not been able to see all the emoticons.  I only see one partial one and that's it.

Comcast is aware of the issue, but there is no ETA for a fix.  In the meantime you can use Windows 10 emoticons by holding down the Windows key and the period at the same time.  It may not be as robust, but it's better than nothing.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

HAHAHA!!!  

So ... at what point do we get a reduction in our bill for functions THAT DON'T WORK???

Highlighted
Contributor

No ETA for the fix, that's worth a good laugh. I've been waiting a year for an ETA on why my account times out constantly and still they have not a soul that has a clue.
Highlighted
Contributor

If you haven't read your notices lately my price for internet is going up again this month and my mobile bill goes up next month. They don't care about us or our problems, only our money.
Highlighted
New Poster

Yep, it's crazy that our bill is going up again this month. And for what? They took away TCM (bundled it with a Sports/Entertainment package!), my account also times out persistently for no apparent reason, the composing email window is ridiculous, and emoticons haven't worked for months. There's gotta be a better way... sigh!

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes I hate switching but I have a good friend that got tired of their bad service and high prices. He switched to AT&T and don't have any of the problems we are having. I had AT&T for my cellular service since they bought Cellular One in the early 80s and never had a service problem. I switched to Comcast Mobile about a year ago and that was the biggest mistake I ever made. I sit about 15 feet from my modem/router yet my emails can't make it to my phone? Once again, their customer service is in every country but ours and no one seems to be smart enough to fix the problems? Why you say? Simple they like taking in all them billions but sure don't want to spend any.
Highlighted
Expert

Thread has gone off topic and is now closed.