james3342's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, April 11th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Emails with Embedded links to files on Google drive are not delivered

I'm having an issue that I need help with. I use Xfinity for my internet and main email. If I send an email out with a link to a file stored on google drive embedded in it, it is never delivered (no errors and it doesn't end up in the receivers spam folder - it just never gets there). I have tried this over and over and I have discovered that the problem seems limited to Google drive links. I have html links in my email signature that get through all the time and have tested emails with web page links too with no problems. Also, if I send the same email with the link to the file on google drive from my Google email, it works fine. So it is a Comcast/Xfinity issue and occurs when I have embedded a link to a file on my google drive. Any ideas/steps to further troubleshoot or fix?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the same issue.  Comcast please provide a response.  

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I also ran into this problem just today.  Am trying to forward an email containing a link to a google doc from my son's school district.  The link opens fine in the original email which was sent to our primary @comcast.net acct.  The email doesn't forward when I attempt to send it from the same primary @comcast.net email to my son's @comcast.net sub acct.  I have tried sending it by copying the link address directly from the google doc to no avail.  The email will appear in the sent folder in the primary acct but the recipient account doesn't ever get it.  I also attempted to send it to another sub acct. (not my son's) and that did not work either.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

So does anyone from Comcast even monitor these forums? Or are we posting into the same place our emails have been going?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

4 years ago

To confirm, the issue is when you are trying to forward a google doc from your comcast.net email anywhere else, correct? This would be due to the large amount of scams and phishing that gets sent out daily with public file sharing websites, like google docs. To circumvent your emails from being blocked when sending, please use the built-in share function on google docs to forward the emails directly from google. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Correct - when sending an email with an embedded link to a file on google drive, it never arrives. So this is a normal function of comcast's email server?  And there is no way to authenticate the email so it goes through?

I will try sending firectly from Google drive and see if that works.  

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@james3342 wrote:

I'm having an issue that I need help with. I use Xfinity for my internet and main email. If I send an email out with a link to a file stored on google drive embedded in it, it is never delivered (no errors and it doesn't end up in the receivers spam folder - it just never gets there). I have tried this over and over and I have discovered that the problem seems limited to Google drive links. I have html links in my email signature that get through all the time and have tested emails with web page links too with no problems. Also, if I send the same email with the link to the file on google drive from my Google email, it works fine. So it is a Comcast/Xfinity issue and occurs when I have embedded a link to a file on my google drive. Any ideas/steps to further troubleshoot or fix?

Bit late to the party, but I tried it and it worked just fine for me.  I can send a Google Docs link from my Comcast account to another Comcast account, as well as my Yahoo and Mail.com accounts.  In all three I am able to see the link and open it.  How is the link you are trying to send being generated?

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Not a document, but a zip file from my Google Drive.  I turn on link sharing in Google drive and then create an email and paste the link. Click send and it vanishes. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here