MosheKaye's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, November 25th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Emails not being delivered to comcast.net accounts

I run a mailserver(postfix) and emails are not being delivered to comcast.net addresses when i route the  @comcast.net email through this mailserver.

The sending domains may be different from the mailserver domain name.  I have defined spf records for the 4 sending domains that route traffic via this mailserver.

Can someone from comcast please help as it is affecting my clients. I am also a 14+ year comclast client. I can see the problem with my own personal email address and email's not being delivered.

Thank you and please let me know what additional information i need to supply.

The mailserver is at vps2.mdspc.com.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

1.9K Messages

4 years ago

It looks like it's going to be related to your IP being flagged as "dirty".  I've requested this be reset to a good reputation.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Posting my own solution in case anyone else runs into this issue. It is a kludge but it works.

i routed mail via my mailserver for @comcast.net accounts to smtp.comcast.net on port 587 while including username/password authorization from my comcast.net account and now the emails are being delivered successfully.

There is no logical reason i should HAVE to do this as comcast.net addressed emails sent to comcast.net's publicly published MX records should be either delivered or bounced (neither was happening!) but at least  this solution seems to  work.

It would be very helpful to know from comcast why those original emails just disappeared without any trace or bounce but now less urgent.

@CCAntiSpam 

~Moshe

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you. I will give it another try in a bit.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here