Community Forum

Emails being sent from a year ago

Highlighted
New Poster

Emails being sent from a year ago

I just received notification from many people that they received emails that were originally sent to them back in 2018. Has anyone had this happen? How do I resolve?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Emails being sent from a year ago

Are you using only the webmail interface and your browser to send emails?  Or are you using a desktop client like Outlook?  If the latter, the problem is likely being caused by the client.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Not using anything but my Comcast email. No outlook, etc. 

Highlighted
Expert

@ahaberman wrote:

Not using anything but my Comcast email. No outlook, etc. 

Then I am going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should see a response in this forum.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, Thank you for posting. This is an interesting topic! It's definitely a one-off and is something we can help you try and narrow down the cause for. Did you or do you see the recent and what would appear to be duplicate copies of those emails showing in your outbox?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.