Community Forum

Email not sending - sometimes

kimck
Frequent Visitor

Email not sending - sometimes

So I had this problem back in January time frame.  I'd send an e-mail and it would look like  it was sending, would end up in my sent folder.  But the recepient would never recieve.  I messaged with someone here and my stuff was getting marked as spam.

I switched to using comcast e-mail in the browser and it seemed like it was going ok.  That is annoying but I hadn't tried to transition back again.   But again the last few weeks having the same issue.   Including even e-mailing BACK to myself.  I never get a bounce or an error.  It just disappears but  looks like it is being sent because everything is in the sent folder. 

Seems more common in e-mails that include links or a number of addresses or forwards.  I've had the same e-mail address for years.  

kathybear4
Contributor

Re: Email not sending - sometimes

I'm having the same problem. I try to send an e-mail to an address I'm sure is good, but it just spins and stays a grey message. It doesn't send and doesn't save as a draft.

kimck
Frequent Visitor

I don't think that is exactly my situation?  Mine looks like it sends.  The window closes, it exists in my sent folder as a sent mail.  It is just never received on the other end, even in spam folders.  

sschneeberger1
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have this problem and posted a day or two ago on this forum. Hours on the phone with Comcast and still have the problem.  Did you ever get yours resolved?

Thanks,

Susan

kimck
Frequent Visitor

No!  Someone responded to me back and January when I had this issue and it seemed like it was fine for a while.  I haven't had time to follow up on it this week, I haven't recieved other responses here or privately.

Whoever I communicated with in January (and I think it was a comcast employee) said some of my outgoing mail was getting flagged as spam.  I don't know why it would trash your outgoing mail without bouncing it back at a minimum.  I'm just sending normal mail to individuals or possibly small groups.  Anything with a link or a forward involved seemed to be more susceptible to not getting out.  Very frustrating!  Seriously thinking of switching.  

kimck
Frequent Visitor

And yet still no comments or help with this issue.

Again
Expert

@kimck wrote:

No!  Someone responded to me back and January when I had this issue and it seemed like it was fine for a while.  I haven't had time to follow up on it this week, I haven't recieved other responses here or privately.

Whoever I communicated with in January (and I think it was a comcast employee) said some of my outgoing mail was getting flagged as spam.  I don't know why it would trash your outgoing mail without bouncing it back at a minimum.  I'm just sending normal mail to individuals or possibly small groups.  Anything with a link or a forward involved seemed to be more susceptible to not getting out.  Very frustrating!  Seriously thinking of switching.  

You joined in January and made one post in a thread saying you had the same issue.  I posted a link in that thread for Comcast settings with an email client.  Did anyone other than myself respond to you, maybe in a Private Message?

At any rate, here is that link again, so check your settings, although I don't know why they would arbitrarily change.  Also, if you have a signature with a link that is added to your outgoing emails, try removing the link. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-Set-Up-Your-Comcast-Email-Address-with-an/ta-...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
tofull
Regular Visitor

I've been having the same issues recently.  I'm using Eudora.  I have no problems downloading any e-mails.  There's a "SSL Negotiation Failed: Unknown Error The connection with the server has been lost  Cause: (200)" message when connecting to smtp.comcast.net .   I'm using Required, STARTTLS with Port 587.  I've tried deleting and re-installing the certificate with no success.  Everything was working fine up until August 16.

Again
Expert

@tofull wrote:

I've been having the same issues recently.  I'm using Eudora.  I have no problems downloading any e-mails.  There's a "SSL Negotiation Failed: Unknown Error The connection with the server has been lost  Cause: (200)" message when connecting to smtp.comcast.net .   I'm using Required, STARTTLS with Port 587.  I've tried deleting and re-installing the certificate with no success.  Everything was working fine up until August 16.

See if the answer here solves your certificate problem.  Also, review the settings in the link I posted above.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!