Community Forum

Email messages not being received by comcast customers

Regular Visitor

Email messages not being received by comcast customers

We are a high school and we send out nightly grade reports to parents, many of which are comcast customers.  Sometime in mid December, those messages stopped being received.  I have tested and captured packets and have determined that the messages are still being sent and accepted by comcast's email servers but then nothing happens.  They just disappear.

Could you please put me in contact with the department that could help me determine why these messsages are not being delivered?  

I have tried many different avenues over the past few months trying to get this resolved and they have all been dead ends.

Thank you,

Bob

New Poster

Re: Email messages not being received by comcast customers

I have exactly the same problem.  The Comcast contacts I have do not receive emails from me.......I am NOT a Comcast customer and my email provider says Comcast has accepted them but did not forward to the addressee.....any suggestions?

i have resorted to using a secondary email sending address when sending to a Comcast contact but this is unacceptable in the long run!

Official Employee

In both cases, I'll need the domain for the sent messages.  I can take a look.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi you guys! Thank you both for posting and welcome to the community. I was able to get @ComcastAntiSpam involved and they might be able to help you out. If you can supply them with the info they requested (when you get a chance) that would be awesome. Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I have sent a DM to the @ComcastAntiSpam account as I didn't want to post my domain here.

Regular Visitor

Hi @ComcastAntiSpam ,

We started having this same issue within the past week. Emails are being accepted by the comcast mail servers, but are not showing up in spam folders and do not bounce. How can I send you the domain/ip information so you can look into this?

Thanks,

Michael

Official Employee

Either put it in this thread, or send me a PM (Click on my name, and upper right should be a link for a Private Message)

Regular Visitor

Thank you @ComcastAntiSpam !

New Poster

So what is the fix? 

I can get emails, but when I reply or send new ones nobody is getting them.   My outbox says they are sent.

Official Employee

@DavidinHartford Give it a try now.  I believe we've sorted out the issue.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam 

I am having the same problem...whereby emails sent to comcast.net email addresses are not being delivered.  I worked on this with Google, and they were not able to resolve the problem because everything on their end is configured properly.  I found a forum entry (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Gsuite-Messages-not-getting-through-to-Comcast-net/...) from another user who had the same issue, and their domain had been flagged as problematic by Comcast.  Can you please take a look at my domain to see if we've been similarly flagged?

I am also a comcast customer although the domain we are trying to send from  is arae.com

Please help!

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam  I am having the same issue.  I have already called the regular Comcast Business 800 # and they told me there was nothing they could do.  Other than they are aware and working on it.  For some reason I cannot see how to PM you.  Can you help me?

Official Employee

I responded to the PM that @EppingSeptic sent me.

Regular Visitor

Our email is getting to customers again.  I am not sure if @ComcastAntiSpam solved our issue since I didn't hear back after the mail started flowing.  I also had several other people looking at it as well.  Either way, I thank whoever helped us out.

Official Employee

Sorry, I thought I'd replied.  Yes, we esclated the issue and it should be resolved going forward.

New Poster

I'm having a similar issues.  When I send emails through my comcast account, they say they are sent - but the receiver never receives them.  I also tried sending myself an email through my comcast account, and I cannot receive it.  How do I fix this?

New Poster

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. My grandma uses charter.net to send e-mails, I am not receiving them. I can send her e-mails but I can not receive them.
I can receive her emails through my work account and yahoo, so something is wrong with Comcast.

Misty
Regular Visitor

I have an Office 365 account and I do not recieve emails that are sent to my xfinity email.  I will recieve them if I turn off the spam filter.  How can I fix this?

Official Employee

@6778700 This should be resolved shortly.

@Peters92 I need to know a bit more information.  Could you gather the headers from one of your test messages and send it to me in a PM? (I can help you do that via PM if you don't know how)

Official Employee

Hello @gcmo, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! At this time, I am not showing this reported as a known issue reported to our national board. I would be more than happy to assist you with this email concern. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Official Employee

Hello @6778700, thanks for visiting our Forums! I do see it was stated that this issue should be resolved shortly but I wanted to confirm, has this issue been resolved on your end? 

New Poster

Yes, Thank You!
Misty
New Poster

As of about 11:00 am 5/11/19 my wife and I have stopped recieving most emails, and I've checked using both POP and web access.  The spam folder contains nothing either.  I sent two test emails this morning 5/12/19 which originated from two different web servers that I own on two different domains.  One made it through and the other did not, yet the missing one does not show up in spam.   Similarly, a personal test email sent from different domains shows that some domains get through and others do not.  My guess is that this is an overactive spam filter somewhere at the server level since I've had that happen before.  I hope the missing emails are being stored somewhere, since we have missing receipts for services we purchased.  Is this issue being looked at by comcast still?

New Poster

Yes, thank you, it is resolved after two days.  Clearly this is the better forum to get a response since my phone call apparently went nowhere.  This is the third time I've had emails collected by some ghost software filter on the comcast side without any notification.  Presumably it's an overactive spam or domain filter that has been innappropriately configured?  Now I turn off my individual spam filter because that's the only way I'm sure I'm actually recieving all my important email.  As long as I have a constant stream of garbage coming in at least I know I'm getting everything.     

Official Employee

@johnpainter So, the strange thing is that for about 48 hours, I didn't see any messages coming in for you at all.  Not that we were flagging them as spam, they just weren't there.  And then there was a large burst and now it looks normal again.

New Poster

Well, obviously I have no inside knowledge of your systems.  What I do know is that after I stopped getting emails I did a test from two domains that I own, from web reply forms on remote servers and also from pop email I use that goes through a third party DNS service out of Canada.  One of the domains was allowed through and I got the email within a minute or two, the other one did not get through and I only got the email days later when this whole thing was fixed.  Emails from other well known domains, including facebook, also failed to get through.  As you saw, they were stuck somewhere outside of the comcast user mailbox.  In the past I've seen this with anti-spam or other protective software on the DNS level which sets up white/black lists using behavioral algorithms or third party lists.  If that is the underlying problem I don't know where but in comcast-land the software would  be installed and configured, unless a a third party is screening emails for comcast.

New Poster

I am having this same issue.  It is hit or miss with receipt of emails from a variety of senders.  I am in a choir and my director has sent a number of emails...I will receive one and then not receive the next 4-5....  I have also lost emails from family and vendors (I have a small business that uses my personal email address).  Can someone please help me??  @ComcastAntiSpam 

Official Employee

@jodylewis This should now be resolved.

As a side note, I'd recommend that you verify that your spam folder is enabled, and spam messages are being delivered to the Junk/Spam folder.  It seems like you currently have that option disabled.

New Poster

My issue was resolved too.  

Thank you.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam  I actually just turned that feature off earlier this week to see if it would help the problem.  FYI, even when it was turned on, nothing went into that folder....it was always empty.  So???

Official Employee

@jodylewis Based on a spam message that came in a few days ago, your setting was set to deliver spam messages to your inbox.  It is currently set to put them in the Junk/Spam folder.  And it looks like a few days before that your setting was configured to discard messages we believed to be spam.  From what I can see, your settings are currently what I would consider to be proper for most users.

New Poster

Back to the same problem. My grandma tried sending me an email this morning from her Charter account. Only my Comcast e-mail is not receiving any of her e-mails.
Furthermore, none of her friends that have Comcast email is receiving her daily e-mails.
I receive her e-mails from my work account and yahoo account, not my Comcast.

I was told this issue was resolved and were back to square on.
Official Employee

@6778700 I escalated this (again), and they said it's clear now and they've added some special tagging to "ensure" it doesn't happen again.  They've also said they'll try to get me a more technical read-out of how this happened again.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  My domain is doctornaturalmedicine.com

New Poster

Same thing happening to me! I can get emails from my boss if it’s just her to me but if she sends a group email I don’t get the email. I had this problem a few years ago, not sure how it was resolved but it took months! Any help would be appreciated.
Lisa
Official Employee

Could you send me a PM with your boss's email address?  I see if we can resolve this for you.

New Poster

We are also having issues getting emails from our business domain (@239inspect.com) to deliver to our customers who use comcast email. Our emails neither deliver to their inbox nor their spam/junk folders. Thank you in advance for your assistance with this!

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  I cannot receive emails from a store i get rewards from.  Recently, my friend tried to send me an e-card from this store and it never got to me.  This is how I noticed.  How can I fix this?

Official Employee

@lambcx This should be resolved in 15 minutes or so.

@jenniferq1 Could you provide more details, such as the name of the store sending these messages?  Send me a PM if you'd rather not share this in public.

New Poster

It is luckybrand it’s very strange i can’t receive anything from them but I have nothing blocked
New Poster

Did you get my PM with boss email? Thank you
Official Employee

@jenniferq1 I've escalated the issue to the Lucky Brand ESP (The company that sends email on their behalf).  I'm not seeing any messages come in to your account from them, which typically indicates that they've added you to an internal suppression list on their side (sorry, I know that's a bit technical)

@zachary00 Please try now, looks like some of the content in the message had been flagged due to user complaints

New Poster

I am having the same trouble - and my post got deleted for not meeting forum guidelines (sorry about that - Its my first post).  I don't know how to PM to give my info.  Thank you

Expert

@tracylynnco wrote:

I am having the same trouble - and my post got deleted for not meeting forum guidelines (sorry about that - Its my first post).  I don't know how to PM to give my info.  Thank you

You'll need to wait until someone asks you to send them a PM.  Sending of unrequested PM's is also against the Forum Guidelines.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Strike 2.  Sorry.  Thank you for letting me know.  I will be patient.

New Poster

Thank you for your help!
New Poster

I am having the same issue with email messages not being received by comcast clients. My domain is doctornaturalmedicine.com

Official Employee

@tracylynnco Please try again in about 15 minutes or so, and let us know if you're still seeing some issue.  Thanks.

New Poster

I am having the same problem with our work email - not one person with a comcast.net email can receive our emails, and that includes ME! I have tested it on my comast.net email with our domain, and my personal domain, both with Gmail MX records, so my work domain must be blacklisted.  Can you please help? 

New Poster

I am a Comcast user and all of a sudden I am not receiving any emails at all.  What's up with this.  How do I resolve this?