Community Forum

Email inbox showing all "senders" in bold, even if I have already read email

New Poster

Email inbox showing all "senders" in bold, even if I have already read email

I live with a pretty full inbox, and all the previously-read emails are in a non-bold font, whereas new unread emails are in bold.  Starting today, all of my previously-read emails are showing up with bold font for the name of the sender (but non-bold for the subject line).  Unread emails are still in all bold (both the sender and the subject line).  Seeing bold for both read and unread emails is driving me nuts and giving me a headache.  Can anyone shed any light on why this happened today and how to make it go back to normal?  Thanks!

Expert

Re: Email inbox showing all "senders" in bold, even if I have already read email

Did you try refreshing the page?  Also----------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Email inbox showing all "senders" in bold, even if I have already read email

@crackers1  Did you ever figure this out? It's driving me crazy too!!!

New Poster

I tried all these suggestions and nothing changed. I suspect this was due to a re-design from Comcast. They recently changed the way "Compose Email" works, as it now opens a pop-up window to Compose an email. I also noticed the spacing between the emails in the Inbox has gotten tighter as well. See the attached images for before / after looks. Please let me know if you learn anything more about this. It's really frustrating to look at and try to determine which are read vs. unread emails!!

New Poster

Scr1.jpgScr2.jpg

New Poster

I can't get my screen grabs to show up in this form post. :/

New Poster

Still no luck fixing it.  But I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :-)  Yes, it happened at the same time they changed the "compose" function, although the two seem unrelated.  It's still driving me crazy.