Community Forum

Email hyperlinks not working properly

Highlighted
New Poster

Email hyperlinks not working properly

Beginning just recently, whenever I click on a hyperlink imbedded in a Comcast email message, nothing happens. It used to be that upon clicking, I was immediately taken to that linked site. Now I have to secondary click and then choose a new tab or a new window in order to see the linked site.  Why the change and any way to go back to the old way?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Email hyperlinks not working properly

@arde1953 wrote:

Beginning just recently, whenever I click on a hyperlink imbedded in a Comcast email message, nothing happens. It used to be that upon clicking, I was immediately taken to that linked site. Now I have to secondary click and then choose a new tab or a new window in order to see the linked site.  Why the change and any way to go back to the old way?

What browser are you using?

As a temporary work around right click on the link and you should be able to choose from the list how you want to open the link.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm using Edge.

Highlighted
Expert

@arde1953 wrote:

I'm using Edge.

Microsoft apparently made some changes to Edge that "broke" some functions with comcast.net email.  A temporary work around would be to use another web browser.  While not ideal, hopefully it will solve that annoyance until this problem gets fixed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!