Community Forum

Email hacked

darbr52
New Poster

Email hacked

My email has been hacked. I want to cancel my email address and open a new email address. Can I do this and what happens to my stored email?
Any help appreciated.
Again
Expert

Re: Email hacked

@darbr52 wrote:
My email has been hacked. I want to cancel my email address and open a new email address. Can I do this and what happens to my stored email?
Any help appreciated.

What makes you think your email has been hacked?

I wouldn't cancel your email account, however.  Make sure you change your password for it, though.  If you delete that account you can't access your email.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
darbr52
New Poster

Perhaps hAcked is wrong term.
I continue to get emails demanding money or they give all out all info they say they have from my pc. Pix , docs , vids , etc. each email content same but sender different. I figure closing and starting new email would resolve getting this or any future blackmail emails. Any one har thoughts?
Again
Expert

@darbr52 wrote:
Perhaps hAcked is wrong term.
I continue to get emails demanding money or they give all out all info they say they have from my pc. Pix , docs , vids , etc. each email content same but sender different. I figure closing and starting new email would resolve getting this or any future blackmail emails. Any one har thoughts?

Good news is you've not been "hacked".

You can mark those messages as spam but that might not do much good since these senders don't use the same email address.  They are annoying, yes, but there's not a lot you can do about them - except delete them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!