Community Forum

Email attachment not working

CLGrimes
Regular Visitor

Email attachment not working

When I compose an email and click "Attach", nothing happens. It won't bring up files for me to select to add to email. I've contacted Comcast customer support but have heard nothing back from them.

Again
Expert

Re: Email attachment not working

@CLGrimes wrote:

When I compose an email and click "Attach", nothing happens. It won't bring up files for me to select to add to email. I've contacted Comcast customer support but have heard nothing back from them.

What browser are you using?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
CLGrimes
Regular Visitor

Safari

CLGrimes
Regular Visitor

I'm using Safari on my iMac. The email attach files feature is working on my MacBook Air so something must be going on with my desktop iMac as to why it's not allowing me to attach files. Up until last night it worked just fine.

Latoque
Expert

@CLGrimes wrote:

Safari

I just tried with Safari, and it works OK for me.  Try clearing history/cache, then restart Safari in a fresh session.  If that doesn't work try with a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
CLGrimes
Regular Visitor

I've cleared the caches and refreshed Safari and it still doesn't work. I tried sending a test email without the attachment and a red box popped up at the bottom of screen that said "Server Unreachable" but yet the email was sent. I don't know what happened to cause my desktop Mac to not allow attaching files to email but yet my MacBook works.