Community Forum

Email age filtering

Highlighted
New Poster

Email age filtering

How do I filter messages in my InBox so that unread messages older than 30 days gets automatically moved to another folder?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email age filtering

I can find no documentation on this, but in my experience filters only operate on messages as Comcast loads them into the Inbox. I do not think their systems provide a way to do what you want.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have a simular question. Is it possible to filter email that is already in the inbox? The date does not matter. I just would like to filter all of my mail that is already in my inbox into different folders? Is that possible?

Thank you for your help.

Fred <Edited>

<Edited>

Highlighted
Expert

@fsberney wrote:

I have a simular question. Is it possible to filter email that is already in the inbox? The date does not matter. I just would like to filter all of my mail that is already in my inbox into different folders? Is that possible?

Thank you for your help.

Fred <Edited>

<Edited>

The only way to do what you are describing that I know of would be to run a search for a certain category of emails like the sender, or something in the subject line or body.  Once you have them all in view, then you could select them a page at a time and then use the Move icon in the toolbar to put them in some other folder.   You can do the same thing by right-clicking on any email you selected and Move from that menu.  It's a bilt of a job, but it would work.  I don't see any way to do what you want to using filters. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!