Community Forum

Email account

Highlighted
New Poster

Email account

Has anyone been getting emails saying that all your emails will disappear if you don't sign into your account and verify certain information?  They have been persistent and the "deadline" has come and gone several times.  Since they come from someone using gmail, I doubt that a Comcast tech would use anything except Comcast email.  I delete them immediately.  I don't want to block "Xfinity" because legitimate emails may come in.  But I have blocked "x-Finiti," clearly a scam.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Email account

Others in here have reported the same thing.  Luckily they are using x-finity or x-finiti so you can filter them fairly easily.  

If you want to confirm whether an email is really from Comcast, log into webmail (connect.xfinity.com) and look for the official xfinity logo next to the sender name.  If it isn't there, it isn't from Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for the reassurance.

Highlighted
Contributor

You can follow the instructions at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/phishing-scams to report it to Comcast.  Make sure you forward the email as an attachment as instructed.  Hopefully if they get enough reports they can start blocking emails coming from x-finiti or x-finity, or use the content of the message to flag them as spam or block them completely.