Community Forum

Email Usage Still Full After Emptying and Receiving Same Messages Multiple Times

Highlighted
New Poster

Email Usage Still Full After Emptying and Receiving Same Messages Multiple Times

My email account has not been working for the past several days. It began with receiving a message that my storage usage is at 98%, I could send a message but I was not receiving any. I emptied my inbox, trash and junk files and I still get the same message. I decided to try having my email forwarded to another email account I have (gmail) to see what happened. That worked so at least I am receiving some of my Comcast.net emails. I decided to see if my comcast email was working again and I now have about 10 messages in my inbox multiple duplicates of the same emails from each sender all the same email that was originally sent, at least 20 duplicates as of now of each email sent at different times. I had to remove my Comcast.net email account from my AppleMail App because it was trying to download over 700,000 messages the amount kept growing. Also the info about the storage from the settings  says I'm at 3232% storage makes no sense,

Appreciate any help!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Email Usage Still Full After Emptying and Receiving Same Messages Multiple Times

Delete or disable the account in Mac Mail.  Does the webmail interface look like it's functioning OK?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Email Usage Still Full After Emptying and Receiving Same Messages Multiple Times

Have tried everything including calling Comcast and I finally had to hang up after it became apparent that they had no idea how to solve the problem. I have deleted the account from applemail apps, accessed the email account through our Xfinity account nothing changes. I'm thinking it's a problem on Comcast's end but I don't know who to call other then the customer service number.

Highlighted
Expert

@achasestudio wrote:

Have tried everything including calling Comcast and I finally had to hang up after it became apparent that they had no idea how to solve the problem. I have deleted the account from applemail apps, accessed the email account through our Xfinity account nothing changes. I'm thinking it's a problem on Comcast's end but I don't know who to call other then the customer service number.

The only other thing I cna think of is to call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!