NewCCu15's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Email Subject Lines

In the web email online, is there a way to edit the subject line of emails?  When I get an email, I like to change the subject line so I can find emails easier when I need them, and I could do this in Microsoft Outlook, but it doesn't appear to be an option in Xfinity webmail.  I am no longer using Outlook.  I am strictly using the webmail on my laptop, and would like a way to change the subject line so I can sort by subject in a way meaningful to me.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks!  Actually, all I had to do was drag the email from my inbox to the draft, change the subject line, save, and drag it to the folder I wanted it.  I get a lot of e-books, and I like to keep the email confirmations sorted by book title in a folder.  That's why I want to edit the subject line.  Thanks again!

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

It's a bit of a job, but yes it can be done.  Select the email in the list and click on the "hamburger" icon in the toolbar---the three lines.  In that menu click on "Copy".  Copy the email to the Drafts folder.  Open the Draft folder, select the copied email and in the header click on "Edit".  That will open a new compose window, and there you can change the subject line.  Then you could copy it back or just re-send it back to yourself.  That said, I can't think off hand of any webmail program that lets you do what you are describing with an incoming email without jumping through the same kind of hoops.

It would seem to me that it would be a lot easier to just use filters to route different kinds of emails into folders you create.  You can also use colored flags in the toolbar to mark them.  The Appsuite software has no other provision for tagging emails.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here