Community Forum

Email Issue

Highlighted
New Poster

Email Issue

My email has not worked since Friday 3/27/20. Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Is there a phone number for technical support?
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Email Issue

I'm having the same issue. I spoek to two different people at Xfinity and no one seems to be able to figure out what the problem is. I'm able to send emails but have not received emails since the morning of March 27, 2020. 

Has anyone been able to figure out the problem? Thank you!

Highlighted
New Poster

Ok thx. I also have not received any email since Friday morning. What number did you call?
Highlighted
Expert

@4Boydad wrote:
My email has not worked since Friday 3/27/20. Has anyone experienced similar issues?
Is there a phone number for technical support?

You need to provide better information.  Do you mean you can't send?  Or you're not getting emails?  Something else?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have not received emails since 3/22/2020.

Except...I have received a few emails in my spam box.

I have sent myself emails from 2 different accts (ie: gmail) & not received them. No "mailer demon" kickback on those email accts.

Best I can tell I can send emails.

Anyone get this solved or have a good comcast/xfinity ph # to call.....Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

@StansLapTop wrote:

I have not received emails since 3/22/2020.

Except...I have received a few emails in my spam box.

I have sent myself emails from 2 different accts (ie: gmail) & not received them. No "mailer demon" kickback on those email accts.

Best I can tell I can send emails.

Anyone get this solved or have a good comcast/xfinity ph # to call.....Thanks

How are you accessing the email?  Using only the webmail UI, or a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Or the mail app on a mobile device?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Accessing 2 ways. Log directly into Xfinity connect & outlook.

Have had this email address for 15 years. Personal only—no business.

This morning I went into settings & forwarded all emails to my gmail account. That is where I saw your reply this evening.

Today I sent myself an email to my gmail acct & received it—so apparently @ Comcast is sending mail out,

I have been dreading contacting Comcast & found this blog. Looks like lots of folks are having a problem.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Can receive but not send. Have tried through the website (on both my laptop and mac) and on my phone. It's been going on a few days but just discovered it yesterday when people were not getting my emails.

Highlighted
Expert

@melroy68 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Can receive but not send. Have tried through the website (on both my laptop and mac) and on my phone. It's been going on a few days but just discovered it yesterday when people were not getting my emails.

Are the emails showing up in your Sent folder?

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes! They show as being Sent (on my phone and the website)

Highlighted
Official Employee

The likely scenario is that you are forwarding all emails to gmail. If someone sent you a Phishing email - you are then distributing it. This would lead to a likely filtration of your email account(s) due to it. If you are still experiencing issues, please feel free to PM me directly.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.