Community Forum

Email Account Error - Temporarily Blacklisted IP address

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Email Account Error - Temporarily Blacklisted IP address

I'm having intermittent email account errors when accessing my Xfinity account from my second home.  I'm using Apple Mail on a Macbook air using wifi connected to the interet.  I have full access to the internet, but when my Mail app attempts to connect to my Comcast mail server, I get the message: Online Status - Temporarily blacklisted IP address - try again later.  Some emails will come through periodically, but in general there is no email access through the wifi router.  I am able to access email on the Macbook when I use a cellular connection via my phones hotspot function.

Any ideas how to keep my wifi IP address from being blacklisted by Comcast?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Email Account Error - Temporarily Blacklisted IP address

Hello, horigan! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

I know how important it is to get each email, especially with so many people online these days. You will need to reach out to our Security Assurance team at 888-565-4329. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@horigan 

Hello,

I am sending you a private message to gather more info.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the PM.  I'll provide the IP when I get back to that house next week.