So for months now, I have been unable to receive e-mails from various senders -- almost all of them relating to verification codes. IE, logging into a site, two-factor kicks in and it uses the e-mail tied to your account as two-factor and sends you an e-mail with a code you need to use to login -- except that e-mail never arrives. It never goes to "Spam" or anywhere -- I tried overriding the spam setting so it would send spam into my "Inbox", but still, nothing, ever. This has happened for nearly all accounts setup to do this, at least 4-5 various accounts that weren't setup for a different form of two-factor yet.
The ONLY thing I can maybe tie it to, which makes no sense to me, is a while back I accidentally marked all mail as "Junk" on my iPhone. I corrected this, I thought, and unmarked everything as junk. But if that were the case causing the problem, I'd think that these e-mails would be showing up in my "Spam" folder, but they never do. I feel like all of these problems started right after that -- but, again, I don't see how that could have had any effect on me receiving these emails, outside of on my iPhone -- I should still be able to find these e-mails somewhere, unless they instantly come in and get deleted (I see no settings for that). There are a couple other random e-mails that suddenly stopped coming around the same time -- such as NewEgg flyers -- something I noticed.
Anyone have any ideas or encountered this before? Or have any kind of explanation that could make sense?
I'd like to add some other details -- I can scroll back in my Inbox to around the date that I accidentally did this on my phone, and I can see a visible change in the amount of e-mails I was receiving after. It's almost as though they're getting discarded or rejected before they ever make it to any of my mailboxes. I was receiving about 20+ emails a day, a lot of them just ads from places I'd shopped or made accounts. The day after I accidentally marked everything and junk on my phone, and then unmarked it (via phone. maybe I should have done it via the webmail page) this instantly dropped to about 5 regular emails per day.
I have a similar problem. My insurance company just switched to "send security code" to finally log-in. I was suppose to get an email with code within a minute. Past couple of days got it within 05 - 10 minutes. Now never did get it. Been trying to locate an Xfinity "person" via telephone, email or chat without any luck. Apparently Xfinity does not wantt to talk to their customers, but prefer to use a robot that only has stock answers - none for your problem/question. Also, this is the first time I used this community forum. Does this provide answers or how to "talk" to a live person?
My first time using this community too. There are volunteers who will give support, and there are some official Comcast employees who answer questions on these forums. How regularly, I am not sure, but maybe one will notice this thread.
On a side note/more information, my issue with e-mails not being able to be delivered has got to the point that I recieved a letter in the mail from the company my student loans are through -- it wasn't anything import but they were just informing me that my e-mail address they tried to send to was "undeliverable" and told me to make sure spam filters are not blocking their e-mail and they will be sending correspondence via USPS until I resolve this. I've had the same e-mail on file with this company for YEARS, so I know the e-mail they have on file is correct and I've received e-mail from them before (and I just checked, yes, it is, I'm going to update it to my Gmail for now until this is resolved since Comcast is apparently blocking e-mails that are not supposed to be getting blocked). So... yeah.