Community Forum

Duplicate emails being sent

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Duplicate emails being sent

Anyone ever get a response to this problem of emails being duplicated, (sent twice.)...why, and how to correct this?  Note many users asking this same question, but no resolution.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Duplicate emails being sent

Usually it is due to a client being used by you.  How are you accessing the email?  With only the webmail interface and a browser?  Or a desktop client like Outlook?  Or the email app on a mobile device?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm using Comcast's Xfinity to access my emails, and have been doing so for years.  It's only recently that sending an email duplicates it. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This has been ongoing for some time.  I've noticed that I receive duplicate emails from other Comcast customers, and occasionally I seem to send duplicate emails.  My recipients (Comcast users and others) are getting annoyed.  I use Comcast's web-based email and Firefox is my browser.  I do not use Outlook.  I see a number of posts about this, but I don't see any solutions.  Solutions would be great.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have found numerous blogs everywhere asking the same question. How typical that Comcast never has a fix.  Been having the same issue for over a year.  I send myself an email and I get it in duplicate. You can always call the customer service hotline or utilize the online chat - they have the perfect response (even though because of their limited language skills they have no idea what you are explaining to them)  LET'S RESTART YOUR MODEM !!!  When that doesn't work they put you on hold and disconnect you

I am in the Chicagland area and have no real option but Comcast for internet- the Feds need to break them up the way they did AT&T a number of years ago