Community Forum

Deleting emails

Highlighted
Contributor

Deleting emails

I noticed that Xfinity recently made changes to the format of the email.  When deleteting emails, I used to be able to select ALL and delete.  Now I have to do it indiviually.  Also when replying to an email, I use to get a full screen, now it's half screen which I find annoying.  Is there a way to delete emails all at once and is there a way I can make it one screen when replying to an email?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Deleting emails

@Deltabreeze wrote:

I noticed that Xfinity recently made changes to the format of the email. 

When deleteting emails, I used to be able to select ALL and delete.  Now I have to do it indiviually. 

If you move your mouse over where Select All used to be you'll see All.  Why they hid it in this fashion I have no clue, but it wasn't very smart.

Also when replying to an email, I use to get a full screen, now it's half screen which I find annoying.  Is there a way to delete emails all at once

and is there a way I can make it one screen when replying to an email?

As far as I can tell there is no way to make the Compose screen larger.  I think the reason they made this change was because so many people were having a problem finding the Send button at the bottom of the screen.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Deleting emails

I’m afraid it’s worse than them simply making “select all” harder to find: it has downgraded functionality now. Before, if I was staring at 20 msgs and wanted to mark, say, 19 of them as spam, I would select all then deselect the one non-spam msg and click “mark as spam” - doesn’t seem to be any way to do that now. And no, I have no desire to mark everything as spam and then rescue my non-spam msgs from the spam folder. And spam-marking is just one example of group actions I frequently would take on most but not all msgs.