Community Forum

Deleting e-mail address

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Deleting e-mail address

I have a problem deleting e-mail address on mycomcast xfinity e-mail.

The e-mail are in my address book, but I have no ay of deleting them, can you help me.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Deleting e-mail address

When you are looking at the address book, check the box to the left of the contact, and in  the toolbar click on the trashcan icon.  Does that not work for you?  If not, exactly what happens when you try?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This does not help me. The problem is when I click on the to word to send an e-mail, ie Masterson, all address starting with mas...come up and theirs one that I want to delete, but have no way oding that, it does not give me an option box.

Highlighted
Expert

Right then.  What you are seeing is the result of a feature in your address book.  By default, whenever you send or receive an email, it will remember the address and store it.  To disable or edit this feature, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then on Settings.  On the landing page look down to "Behavior" under Mail.  Check or un-check the boxes you want. 

Also, in the address book click on "Collected addresses" in the left pane.  There you will see the addresses that have been saved, and you can delete them from there.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I still have a problem. When I go to the collected address, the address I want to delete is not there, but it shows up when I click on the TO word and type in the begining of my address's. But there is no way it lets me delete the address.

If I contacted comcast, would they help, and is there a number that I could call.

Thank you for your asistance.

Highlighted
Expert

@mhaighirtis wrote:

I still have a problem. When I go to the collected address, the address I want to delete is not there, but it shows up when I click on the TO word and type in the begining of my address's. But there is no way it lets me delete the address.

If I contacted comcast, would they help, and is there a number that I could call.

Thank you for your asistance.

There is no other number I know of.  The only other place I can think that address could be would be in the address book itself.  That would cause it to appear also.