Community Forum

Create Second User Under Main Account

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Create Second User Under Main Account

I know how to set up a user name and password for another member of the family. But, how can I set up a second user name and password for my self. When I put in all the information, it says it can't create the new user because I already have an account. Do I use the same "invite" process?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Create Second User Under Main Account

You would create it the same as though it were for someone else.  As long as the user ID and password are different from the primary account it should work.  Assuming that the ID has not already been taken of course.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I understand what you are saying. I'm trying to create two additional users under the main account, one for my wife and one more for me. Following the directions for creating users for other family members, of course, the name is different but, the address is the same and the phone number may be the same although I have tried to do it with a different phone number. For me, after going through the process, it returns a message that there is already a user with the same information. For my wife, it just stops and says it can't complete the process (or something like that).

Highlighted
Expert

@Willyou wrote:

I understand what you are saying. I'm trying to create two additional users under the main account, one for my wife and one more for me. Following the directions for creating users for other family members, of course, the name is different but, the address is the same and the phone number may be the same although I have tried to do it with a different phone number. For me, after going through the process, it returns a message that there is already a user with the same information. For my wife, it just stops and says it can't complete the process (or something like that).

The user ID is that portion of the email address to the left of the @ symbol.  They have to be unique.  The email address cannot be the same.  A phone number can only be used once per service address.  So if you have 3 accounts set up, only one of them will be able to use 2-factor authentication.   I have this same situation.  I have a service address in Florida, and another in Michigan.  I use the same cell phone number for the primary accounts, but none of the secondaries can use 2FA.  I have one secondary set up in Michigan, and two under the Florida account.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

OK. Thanks. I was able to get a second user set up for myself. But, still having trouble getting a user login for my wife. Her name and phone number are unique. Each time I try to send an invite, I get a message that says "something went wrong". Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Expert

@Willyou wrote:

OK. Thanks. I was able to get a second user set up for myself. But, still having trouble getting a user login for my wife. Her name and phone number are unique. Each time I try to send an invite, I get a message that says "something went wrong". Any suggestions?

Try just setting her up the same way you did the other secondary.  Skip the "invite".  Any secondary accounts you enable are "under" the primary anyway.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

After my last post, I waited a couple of hours and tried the invite again and it worked. Must have been a traffic jam on the internet. We are all set to go now and even have some contacts transferred over. Thanks for your help.