gsholz's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, February 22nd, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Comcast email using Outlook 2010 stopped working 2 days ago

No change on my side. Maybe a change on the comcast server side? I deleted the account in Outlook and tried to recreate using the latest settings on the Xfinity website for Outlook 2010 using ports 993/SSL and 587/TLS for imap. Cannot log into servers.

Are these the right ports and encryption settings?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@gsholz wrote:

No change on my side. Maybe a change on the comcast server side? I deleted the account in Outlook and tried to recreate using the latest settings on the Xfinity website for Outlook 2010 using ports 993/SSL and 587/TLS for imap. Cannot log into servers.

Are these the right ports and encryption settings?

Just as a check for you......

• Incoming Mail Server Name: imap.comcast.net
  • Incoming Mail Server Port Number: 993 with SSL ON
  • If the Mail Client lets you select an authentication method, choose STARTTLS.
    • If Needed: 143 with SSL ON
  • Outgoing Mail Server Name: smtp.comcast.net
  • Outgoing Mail Server Port Number: 587 (SMTP)
    • If Needed: 465 (SMTPS)
  • Encryption: TLS (use SSL if TLS isn't shown.)
  • Authentication: Type in your Comcast username and password

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you for your response. I used those ports and servers.

I think I figured out what happened. Two days ago MSFT forced a partial update to my notebook (despite being on a metered connection). But the PC was not rebooted. This left some of the networking stacks in limbo. I could browse the internet but not log into comcast nor ping the comcast servers. After rebooting and completing the update process, I'm back in business. Thanks for the help.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

4 years ago

@gsholz wrote:

Thank you for your response. I used those ports and servers.

I think I figured out what happened. Two days ago MSFT forced a partial update to my notebook (despite being on a metered connection). But the PC was not rebooted. This left some of the networking stacks in limbo. I could browse the internet but not log into comcast nor ping the comcast servers. After rebooting and completing the update process, I'm back in business. Thanks for the help.

I'm glad you got it figured out!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here