cms81's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, June 20th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Comcast Email

Windows 10 Comcast Email.  I want to retain the original message after I reply to the email.  The way It is currently - When I go back to look at my original message, it is gone. In it's place is my reply to the message. I want to keep the original message just like I received it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

Can you clarify---------are you using only the webmail interface and a browser to access the email?  Or are you using the mail app that comes bundled with Windows 10?  When you send the reply, does it show in the Inbox or the Sent folder?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Can you clarify---------are you using only the webmail interface and a browser to access the email? Or are you using the mail app that comes bundled with Windows 10? When you send the reply, does it show in the Inbox or the Sent folder?

Yes I am using the webmail interface and a browser to access the email. Yes, when I send a reply it shows in the inbox. thanks so much for trying to help me.  I truly appreciate it. 

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@cms81 wrote:

------------------------------------------------------

Yes I am using the webmail interface and a browser to access the email. Yes, when I send a reply it shows in the inbox. thanks so much for trying to help me.  I truly appreciate it. 

The only ways I can think of that  could cause this would be if :

A)  You have a filter set up to direct messages from your own address to yourself, or--------

B)  Your own email address is in the To:, Cc: or Bcc fields, or-----------

C)  In your Settings, under Mail>>>>>Compose>>>>>Advanced settings,  there is a field labeled "Always add the following recipient to blind carbon copy (BCC)".  Check that to see if your address is in there.  If so, delete it.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I checked settings, mail, compose,advanced settings: I do not have the ioption you provided (add all receipients to BCC).

I only have two choices: 1. shown below in blue-the delete button was clicked on. and 2, Email safe list.
I never put my own address in the send position.

POP Settings for Other Apps
When using POP to access your Comcast email from third-party applications, you can choose what happens to messages once retrieved from the mail server. By default, we will leave the message in your Inbox. Changing this setting will allow your application to tell the server what to do.

Keep

Delete

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@cms81 wrote:

I checked settings, mail, compose,advanced settings: I do not have the ioption you provided (add all receipients to BCC).

I only have two choices: 1. shown below in blue-the delete button was clicked on. and 2, Email safe list.
I never put my own address in the send position.

POP Settings for Other Apps
When using POP to access your Comcast email from third-party applications, you can choose what happens to messages once retrieved from the mail server. By default, we will leave the message in your Inbox. Changing this setting will allow your application to tell the server what to do.

Keep

Delete

You are looking at the wrong "Advanced settings".  Go to (gear icon)>>>>Settings>>>>>Compose>>>>>>>Advanced settings.  You have to click on Compose.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I should have added in my message to you, the "Default sender Address" listed my address.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

OK, I found the correct place and the Always add the following recipient to BCC was blank. My address was not there.

Expert

• 

29.5K Messages

4 years ago

@cms81 wrote:

OK, I found the correct place and the Always add the following recipient to BCC was blank. My address was not there.

When you look at the header of the message that shows up in the Inbox folder, who does it show as the Sender?  Who is it from?  Your own email address?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

When I look in my inbox the forwarded emails are addressed to me.

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I assume we are at a dead end on this subject. I do appreciate all the research you did to help me.  So thank you very much. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here