Community Forum

Classic vs. Current version of email????

Highlighted
New Poster

Classic vs. Current version of email????

What is the stry with the "New Email" vs. the old form of email?  here's the notice:

"The Classic version of Comcast Email will be replaced by our Current version. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. Right click to open your login page"

I keep getting notices that do not sem to be coming from Comcast about this, and I called, and was on the phone for a half hour, with no possible call-back option!!!!!!

I am angry with Comcast about this.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Classic vs. Current version of email????

@spivas can you please PM me the source with headers for the email you are referencing? there has been no "new email" update to the Comcast.net email platform...which is leading me to believe what you received is a spam/phishing email. Once you send me the source with headers ill be able to confirm that for you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Also: If you use webmail ("https://connect.xfinity.com/") to access your Comcast email, any message claiming to be from Comcast/Xfinity should have the Xfinity Verified Email logo -- see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/comcast-verified-email.

Highlighted
Expert

@spivas wrote:

What is the stry with the "New Email" vs. the old form of email?  here's the notice:

"The Classic version of Comcast Email will be replaced by our Current version. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. Right click to open your login page"

I keep getting notices that do not sem to be coming from Comcast about this, and I called, and was on the phone for a half hour, with no possible call-back option!!!!!!

I am angry with Comcast about this.

Verified email.PNG

If you are using webmail, any mail that comes from Comcast/Xfinity should have this logo next to it when you open the email.  If it doesn't contain that logo, it's probably not from Comcast/Xfinity.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It's coming from:  <cglosss@outlook.com>  Thanks, Steve

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@spivas wrote: It's coming from:  <*******@outlook.com> ...

Then it's a phishing email, a scammer attempt to steal login and account information. If you want to report it, follow the "Report Spam and Phishing Emails" link on https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/. Scroll down to the "Report Phishing Emails" section.