Community Forum

Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invalid Sieve Credentials"

baj2117
Regular Visitor

Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invalid Sieve Credentials"

I changed my e-mail username yesterday. The e-mail was working previously. Once changed,

when I log in and click on my e-mail I get the error "Mail Server Denies Access".

If I try to send an e-mail I get the same error. I also see an error of "Invalid Sieve Credentials" when I click on the e-mail settings.

I cannot recieve any mail (I tried sending from my other e-mail and it was returned). I called in and they could not figure out what the issue was.

Has anyone experienced this?

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invali

can you please try signing in with your old username and let me know if it works or not

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
baj2117
Regular Visitor

Re: Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invali

Hi there!

Thanks for the response, It will not let me log in with my old username. It will not let me change the username back either (Although I want to keep the new one but I tried just in case). 

baj2117
Regular Visitor

@ComcastCSAEmail any update on this?

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

The issue is currently being reviewed by our engineers. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
mkeagar
New Poster

I am also having this issue, but I have not changed my username or password at all. It actually started a couple months ago.

I tried calling 1-800-XFINITY. The agent said he would try "Refreshing" the account, which took about 5 minutes or so to complete, but didn't fix anything. Then he hung up on me.

GardenPerfect
New Poster

Just created a new user on my account.  The Auto one put in an underscore where I didn't want, so I changed the Username.  Now email just lists "server access denied" and "Invalid sieve credentials".  Can't log in with old username anymore.

mkeagar
New Poster

Those are the error messages I was getting. To get things resolved I had to call Comcast and was able to get transferred to 2nd level support. They had to "rebuild" my account, but after that things were working again.
THarper2
New Poster

HI:  I just tried to add a user and am getting these same things.  Was there a fix since it was being worked on?  Thank you-