Community Forum

Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invalid Sieve Credentials"

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invalid Sieve Credentials"

I changed my e-mail username yesterday. The e-mail was working previously. Once changed,

when I log in and click on my e-mail I get the error "Mail Server Denies Access".

If I try to send an e-mail I get the same error. I also see an error of "Invalid Sieve Credentials" when I click on the e-mail settings.

I cannot recieve any mail (I tried sending from my other e-mail and it was returned). I called in and they could not figure out what the issue was.

Has anyone experienced this?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invali

can you please try signing in with your old username and let me know if it works or not

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Changed E-mail username - Now receiving "Mail Server Denies Access" & "Invali

Hi there!

Thanks for the response, It will not let me log in with my old username. It will not let me change the username back either (Although I want to keep the new one but I tried just in case). 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@ComcastCSAEmail any update on this?

Highlighted
Official Employee

The issue is currently being reviewed by our engineers. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am also having this issue, but I have not changed my username or password at all. It actually started a couple months ago.

I tried calling 1-800-XFINITY. The agent said he would try "Refreshing" the account, which took about 5 minutes or so to complete, but didn't fix anything. Then he hung up on me.